Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why is this new ptcg game so embarrassingly bad?

Options

how is it everything this "better" version has is way worse than the 10yo original ?

i'm so sad we are losing an actual decent online card game for this one.

Comments

• Sakura150612
    Sakura150612 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

That's, like, your opinion, man

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Depends on who you ask, last client was a really bad experience for me compared to this one.

• lvlrAdam
    lvlrAdam Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

@Edurandomnumber maybe you should try spending money to get good cards.

• Edurandomnumber
    Options

@lvlrAdam My problem with ptcgo wasn't not having good cards (although playing tournament just to get packs for trade was really slow and boring). Ptcgo for me was bugier than live (i lost games and cards to random bugs, i rarely have problems with bugs in live), and i always found the UI kinda awkward (really easy to missclick while spreading a lot of damage counter, effects that select multiple types of energy ask you to click for the energies in reverse order than what you selected, different prints of cards don't group together, meaning that you can misscount something in your opponent discard pile because the last copy was at the end of their discard pile).

• Bornin985
    Bornin985 Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

@Edurandomnumber That's incredible. I play PTCGO many years. And Never encountered a bug in PTCGO.

In Live, bug happens about per three games.

And you report "visual-bug-with-battle-pass-and-ladder-rewards" in Jan 25!!!

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/1951/visual-bug-with-battle-pass-and-ladder-rewards#latest

• Edurandomnumber
    Options

@Bornin985 i know, i said rarely, not never.

And the bugs I've reported are mostly visual bugs, not something that intrudes with gameplay (only one affected gameplay, and later i realized it was cause by lag because i was trying to play in an old phone without AC Wifi).

I rather have that than the random disconnections, a random ladder game that started outside the ladder screen (which also caused 2 locked cards disappearing from my collection), and some card specific bugs i had while playing ptcgo.

• xeshirt
    xeshirt Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

@Bornin985 I started playing Online in 2016, the game has had so many bugs over the years, I really don't believe you when you say you never encountered a single one. Live is obviously buggy, but the revisionism when it comes to Online is truly something. here's an extensive historical list of all of Online's bugs, documented by the developers themselves:

this isn't to pick on Online or it's devs, but it's just to show that game development is not straightforward or easy