Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon vs Magic vs Yugioh WHAT IS BETTER?

Options

I've never played Magic or Yugioh so I'm wondering if I'm missing out or have I already found the best game and it's name is POKEMON!!?!?!?!

Best Answers

• Yoshimitsu_Tera
    Yoshimitsu_Tera Member Posts: 3
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

I've played all three for a number of years at some point. They're all fun to play in my opinion.

However, I would consider the following;

1) What is fun for someone else may not be fun for you.

2) What someone else may think is the best might not be the best for you.

3) How are you ever going to know the answer to your question if you don't do your own research?

3a) Which of the three has the type of strategy you enjoy most?

3b) Do you enjoy the universe any of these franchises take place in more than the other (or none of them at all)?

Conclusion: You should probably watch some YouTube videos and read up on your other options. In doing so you can answer your question because no one single opinion that isn't your own could possibly be a real deciding factor for whether one of the other card games is fit for you.

Hope this helps,

Yoshi

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

I guess it depends on what suits your playstyle? Pokémon is definitely the easiest to learn of the three, yugioh can be very convoluted with certain mechanics, and magic somehow manages to fool you into thinking it's simple on the surface, but has a looooot of weird things that can happen with long combinations of cards. It's like someone turned 4D chess into a card game

I like casual magic but I have absolutely 0 desire to try building a meta deck. Pokemon has an easier meta to keep up with but isn't necessarily cheaper either. I've never really played yugioh but I'm guessing it has a similar casual/comp chasm to magic.

If you were considering getting into magic or yugioh I personally think magic is the better "intermediate" step because the mana pools function in a similar way to energies in pokemon. And magic mechanics can be similar to yugioh from what I can tell so it would probably help compared to learning the rules completely from scratch. Both of these also have their own online clients if you wanted to give them a try.

Answers

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

From my knowledge PTCG is the cheapest card game to get into, you can make a competitive deck for around 50$ and a rogue deck for around half that price. I don't know much about the other card games but you can try them to see what sticks. Pokemon has a special place in me though.

• Mayn-E-Ack
    Mayn-E-Ack Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Never played magic but i can honestly say (Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories) 1n the playstation 1 days, Yu-Gi-Oh HAD IT LOCKED! But growing up with both (9 Years Old in 1999), Pokemon was cheaper and more fun to COLLECT, Yu-Gi-Oh was more fun to PLAY. And i have had every pokemon game since gameboy color (TRUST) and i still find myself with PSX emulators just to play Yu-Gi-Oh.

• KingPenguin333
    KingPenguin333 Member Posts: 12
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    Options

It all matters about your price range there are decks for magic that cost upwards of 1000 bucks