Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Beta communication

Options

Comments

• OU7C4ST
    OU7C4ST Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    edited July 2022 #12
    Options

Everyone lets their emotions get the best of them at times, that's just human nature, but it certainly would be nice to be treated with more respect as a player, who the Development team relies on to keep their product/service relevant at the end of the day.

Please kindly consider opening more relaxed dialogue between players & developers.

• speg
    speg Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I’ve just arrived here to learn the game as my son has started playing.

as a software developer myself, oof. I feel your pain. Hopefully they have a path forward. But it appears like your pleas for said path have not be answered? Are we all just sitting in the dark hoping for the best?

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

Bump.

Looks like all of the mods have stopped replying on the forum.

What's the point of all this?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

To be fair to them, they did post the upcoming battle pass decklists on the main site so it's not likely that LOR is delayed.

Also, they don't work on weekends it seems

• jon11w
    Options

@TechHog what does them not working on weekends have to do with the fact that they haven't communicated effectively in months?

• jon11w
    Options

So the beta rolls out to three new, major markets and matchmaking (very predictay) breaks. What a great way to put off entire swathes of potential new players.

Where are the Devs during this? Where are the moderators of this forum? Where is the community manager? Is there a community manager?

Nowhere to be seen is the answer. The mishandling of communication is even worse than the mishandling of the game right now.

Why are there no responses to bug reports any more? Why should we as a community continue to act as a free QA department for a game that seems to be on life support before it's even released?

• zdsada
    zdsada Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

If there is no way out for this game, just give us a way to roll back to PTCGO. The game now just seems meaningless as you won’t even be able to play. Show some respect to the players who trusted the team.

• jon11w
    Options

The launch of the global beta is a real bad time for the developers to go silent. There is an influx of bug reports and questions on this forum, plus loads of people describing their difficulties across various social media platforms.

@TPCi_CursedSoup I'm not sure whether you are the official community manager, but there really should be some responses to people struggling. I'd hate to see people trying the game and leaving out of frustration.

• Skinny_worm
    Skinny_worm Member Posts: 5
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I thought this was a great post until I saw it was originally posted back in April, now over 6 months ago, and having recently joined the beta, now it is global, I was keen to get involved, but it seems the "community" is far more invested in it than either the developers or The Pokemon Company are.

Just an idea, but it seems there are people here willing to lend a hand, for free, so maybe a few of these community members, like @jon11w could be invited into the "inner circle" and then be tasked with disseminating that information, road map, timelines, etc... to the rest of us. I understand time is a precious commodity, so if you don't have time to do it for yourselves, see if the community can help.

• jon11w
    Options

@Skinny_worm it's sad that what was written back then still stands. We are still in the dark as to timelines, bugs and updates.

In terms of having some sort of community representation: whilst I think that it's a good idea, I think that it's useless without communication from TPCi. They need an active community manager to a) let us know what's going on and b) convey our worries back to the Live team.