Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Avatars have been updated, and Johto Region Pokémon are now available for selection!

Attention Trainers!

The team is aware of potential issues TCG Live players might experience with currency and card exchanges. If you notice any odd behavior or instances where they don't show up, please restart your client.

If the issue persists or exchanges fail completely, please contact our Support Team for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

V-Unions!

skaerkrow
skaerkrow Member Posts: 20
5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
✭✭

Hey yall

I've been building towards Sander Wojcik's Mewtwo V-Union deck (with Refinement Kirlia for consistency and card advantage) from Stuttgart because the concept of V-Unions feels super fun and fresh to me. It's been slow work gaining credits lmao. The deck is super fun conceptually but I find it takes a bit too much setup to survive a meta where Lugia Vstar and Blissey V (+ Cape) are packing the same HP numbers and more consistent damage straight out of the gate.

Have any of you been messing with Unions? What kinda builds are you having fun with? I've seen a tiny bit of Union Greninja with the VStar tool that puts all your opponent's pokemon on 100HP and that one looks like a laugh albeit quite gimmicky ;D

Comments

• IAmSchrute28
    IAmSchrute28 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

I havent messed with unions yet.. but i love the idea of them. Like you though i feel like setup takes way too long.

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭

Right now the format is too fast for V Unions, maybe Mewtwo would work but just maybe. We have to wait for rotation for when the format slows down a bit. I still don't think I would play V Unions other than Mewtwo control but it would be interesting to see some of the ideas with V Unions and not just seeing Lugia Mew Arceus every match.

• wigglywrinkle
    wigglywrinkle Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I'm currently using Mewtwo V Union but in order to get around the set up delays I use it as a luxury rather than a must use. I use Prof Burnet to discard 2 cards directly from my deck and Uxie to select cards to add to my hand where either Milo, Allister or Articuno V can discard them. The only thing that can really stick things, and the reason that I use it as a luxury, is if Union cards end up in prizes. I can find this out quickly using the above but as far as I know Peonia is the only way I have of getting cards out of prizes and it is 50/50 as you can only grab 3

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 346
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭

Use Team Up Spiritomb in expanded format, get an instant V-UNION

• EeveeBacon
    EeveeBacon Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I think once the new sets rotate in, the game should slow down enough to use V-Unions again. I got a Miradon-ex Pikachu V-Union deck i saw and want to build.

• Schaumbee
    Schaumbee Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment

I have a Pikachu V-Union deck I’m trying out and I can’t get the cards into play. I have the 4 cards in my discard but then the game won’t let me put them on the bench. How do you do select then to put them on your bench?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,522
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    ✭✭✭
  • Belguimmaster
    Belguimmaster Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Can't you just use a massive tanker pokemon to defend bench while pulling youre v union cards

• Ifanyonecan
    Ifanyonecan Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Used Greninja for about 30 games now, it's a bit slow to get going, best I've managed is four turns (but that was with 12 muligan cards), it comes into it's own as a last throw of the dice winning several games that had looked lost. I'm using serena, prof burnett and ultra ball to discard from hand, deck and prize cards with 2 peonia to scan prize cards. Does anyone have a less supporter intensive method?

• n00bl00d
    n00bl00d Member Posts: 43
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

I'm interested in trying V-Union, but I can't seem to exchange my currencies to V-Union cards. Any suggestion?