Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Zeraora Vstar and Choice belt/Telescopic Sight

Options
Richster93
Richster93 Member Posts: 5
First Comment

Ive been recently playing a Zeraora Vstar deck and I have a question about its Vstar attack and tools that boost attacks damage.

The Vstar attack is Thunder Star "Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon 4 times.(You can choose the same more than once.) For each time you chose a Pokémon, do 60 damage to it. This damage isn't affected by Weakness & Resistance (You can't use more than 1 VSTAR Power in a game)"

I also had a choice belt which has the description of

"The attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon V."

So if my opponent had a V out (lets say a vmax with 320 health) If I used my Vstar attack on it and chose that pokemon all 4 times, should that be doing 90 damage per attack or 60 and then another 30 at the end?

The same goes for Telescopic Sight

If I chose a benched V 2 times would it do 90 each time or 60 twice and then 30 at the end.

Im going to test both of these out in Live but just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on that.

Comments

• Richster93
    Richster93 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Options

Have done some testing.

With Telescopic Sight if you spread the damage across different benched V pokemon, they all get hit by 90 (60 + bonus). But if you put all the damage on 1 pokemon you only deal 270 (60*4 + only 1 bonus). My question now should that have been 360 damage (60*4 + 4 bonus).

The same thing happens with Choice belt. If I choose the active V 4 times it only adds 1 bonus. Should that also be 4?

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Choice belt and telescopic sight only adds the extra damage once per pokemon, card is working as intended.