Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Best Deck for Beginners

Vedant_21
Vedant_21 Member Posts: 1

Here is the decklist for my personal favourite deck that I myself have honed and perfected with cards which are really easy to get for complete beginners.....

Pokémon: 10

1 Snom SHF 29

1 Lotad EVS 32

2 Sobble CRE 41

1 Frosmoth SSH 64

1 Inteleon CRE 43

2 Drizzile SSH 56

2 Lombre RCL 8

3 Suicune V EVS 31

2 Ludicolo EVS 34

1 Inteleon SSH 58

Trainer: 18

1 Hisuian Heavy Ball ASR 146

1 Air Balloon SSH 156

3 Quick Ball SSH 179

3 Professor's Research SSH 178

2 Switch SSH 183

3 Level Ball BST 129

1 Rare Candy SSH 180

1 Lucky Ice Pop EVS 150

3 Melony CRE 146

1 Irida ASR 147

2 Cape of Toughness DAA 160

2 Ultra Ball BRS 150

3 Evolution Incense SSH 163

1 Marnie SSH 169

2 Capacious Bucket RCL 156

2 Boss's Orders RCL 154

2 Choice Belt BRS 135

1 Hyper Potion SSH 166

Energy: 4

7 Basic {W} Energy Energy 38

1 Capture Energy RCL 171

1 Powerful {C} Energy DAA 176

1 V Guard Energy SIT 169

Total Cards: 60

P. S. : Let me know if it worked for you

Comments

• DreizehnWynter
    DreizehnWynter Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Doesn’t look good to me. One Lotad? Yet two Lombre and two Ludicolo don’t work… Lotad is the basic while Lombre and Ludicolo are evolutions.. One basic and more evolutions don’t work. For helpful advice try balancing things out. Too many trainer cards and little energy can easily backfire when drawing cards.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

@DreizehnWynter The deck list was pré-rotation 😅 even so what you mention about the Lotad evolution chain it's weird in deed and also the lack of Manaphy for bench protection. That said I would be surprised if they still playing this deck in any format.

As a beginner I could say maybe would be "ok" to learn some game mechanics back then in friendly matches, but not to expect wining against the previous meta.

• melenaTV
    melenaTV Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I just played this against zoroark vstar, and despite ending up way behind (3 prizes) I still managed to come away with a victory due to late game luck/ rolls. The consistency of this deck when path isn't down is unreal. I had lots of fun playing it. If you like playing a fun meme deck, I would give Ambipom w/ Archeops a shot. It's like 40-60 coin flips each game, and surprisingly good!

• melenaTV
    melenaTV Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I just played this against zoroark vstar, and despite ending up way behind (3 prizes) I still managed to come away with a victory due to late game luck/ rolls. The consistency of this deck when path isn't down is unreal. I had lots of fun playing it. If you like playing a fun meme deck, I would give Ambipom w/ Archeops a shot. It's like 40-60 coin flips each game, and surprisingly good!