Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Avatars have been updated, and Johto Region Pokémon are now available for selection!

Attention Trainers!

The team is aware of potential issues TCG Live players might experience with currency and card exchanges. If you notice any odd behavior or instances where they don't show up, please restart your client.

If the issue persists or exchanges fail completely, please contact our Support Team for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Is the Deoxys V Battle Deck a good one?

Teaing
Teaing Member Posts: 3
Photogenic

I have been using it recently, both irl and in TCG Live. I want to know if its good or not for beginners, so I know either to buy or not buy more of them in the future.

Answers

• MRNEEDLEMAN
    MRNEEDLEMAN Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

It's fun to play but it's not going to win in TCG Live against Lugia and Mew decks.

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    ✭✭

None of the "V Battle" decks are even close to competitive against other "non-vBattle" decks online (or in person). What they are GREAT at is being fun to play against others who have the same "level" of deck (basically any of the v-Battle" decks.

So, two ways to approach:

1) if playing in person, always buy the "opponent" deck for the vBattle deck (they are almost always released in 2 packs .. a very good value for a lot of cards). That way when you play against someone you have a choice and can let them play the other deck if they like. It will be a fun, even match. Despite knowing that the decks are worthless in terms of winning at games online, I almost always buy the vBattle decks to battle against family and friends.

2) Make friends online for the TCG live game and battle against them with the understanding that they would pick other vBattle decks so its an even match.

Option three ... Beg Pokemon to add back in the "theme deck" format (and a vBattle format). I LOVED the theme deck format on the old Online TCG .... hate that it is now gone in the new "live" version (though I am one of the few who actually like the new Live version I think .. I do very much miss the "theme" deck format).

Long answer ... but the short of it: Yes the vBattle decks are fun, no they are not even close to competitive with other "non-battle" built decks.