Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why are the number of basic energy cards providing mixed messages?

Options
GrewupGeek
GrewupGeek Member Posts: 6
Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

Hey, i've just started to build my decks from scratch, but I'm confused when it comes to energy cards, mainly the basic ones. When I start to add them, I notice that at first, they have the infinity symbol, but when I click on one, they have the number of available cards down to a small handful. So my questions are, why is there a limit to the number of basic energy cards I can add to a deck? And what can I do to start adding more to the till?

Answers

• dcowing333
    dcowing333 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Options

so you need to click on available and it will tell you what energies you own. you can also purchase cards and you don’t own. let me know if you would like me to tell you how

• GrewupGeek
    Options

That still doesn't make any sense though, since I have to click on it in order to make some kind of inventory check for each energy card. When I did the transfer from PTGO, I had tons of energy cards, but now Live says I don't have enough to sustain multiple decks. Seems like somebody behind the game missed up somewhere.

• DefHalan
    DefHalan Member Posts: 35
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

There are some versions of Basic Energy that you have 59 of by default. 59 is the most energy you can play in a deck. While other versions of Basic Energy you may have less of. Card counts are per deck. So it doesn't matter how many decks you make or how much energy is in those decks, you will always have the same amount available.

• GrewupGeek
    Options

So why the infinity sign?

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

If you own more than 59 copies of an energy, might as well be infinite, since 59 is the maximum legal number of energies you can play in a single deck, so is probably just a way to represent a number that is not necessary to keep track the exact number.

If the game tells you that you don't have enough basic energy for a deck, you probably are trying to add a version/art of the energy that is not one of the ones you get by default