Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Palkia VSTAR

Options

This is my favorite deck so far. Here is the list with breakdown for each card:

Pokémon: 11

1 Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117

Couple with scoop up for that extra 10-20 damage you are shy of a KO

1 Lumineon V BRS 40

To get that supporter card you need in a pinch. Also has synergy with Palkia VSTAR ability and Melony

1 Vikavolt V DAA 60

For the tool lock. Also works good against Lugia in a pinch.

2 Origin Forme Palkia VSTAR PR-SW 254

Your big hitter. His ability gets energy out of your discard pile for some quick damage.

4 Mew CEL 11

Good starter with to get the tools you need to get the draw engine going. Discard fodder after a few turns.

2 Origin Forme Palkia V ASR 39

1 Radiant Greninja ASR 46

Your main draw engine. Scoop up for extra draw power.

1 Crobat V DAA 104

Even more draw power but a dead card afterwards

1 Raikou V BRS 48

This is another heavy hitter. He hits hard and fast and can KO turn 2. He also lets you draw an extra card. He is also very anti Lugia and KO a VSTAR easily

1 Drapion V LOR 118

Pretty much Anti-Mew. His ability decreases the amount of energy required for his attack with each fusion, rapid, and single strike Pokemon your opponent has. He will one shot a Mew VMAX.

1 Empoleon V PR-SW 108

Right now I keep him around as a backup for those annoying non-v Pokemon decks. His ability cancels all abilities of basic non-v Pokemon. This pretty much kills Miltank, Regi, Etc. Decks. He also has good synergy with the build.

Trainer: 15

4 Cross Switcher FST 230

4 Trekking Shoes ASR 156

2 Lost Vacuum LOR 162

1 Hisuian Heavy Ball ASR 146

1 Echoing Horn CRE 136

4 Battle VIP Pass FST 225

4 Melony CRE 146

2 Ultra Ball DEX 102

1 Air Balloon SSH 156

2 Quick Ball SSH 179

1 Marnie SSH 169

1 Energy Search BCR 128

1 Boss's Orders RCL 154

4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165

1 Capacious Bucket RCL 156

Energy: 3

6 Basic {W} Energy Energy 11

1 Basic {L} Energy BLW 108

4 Speed {L} Energy RCL 173

Total Cards: 60

I don't think the deck is quite perfect... Right now it has a pretty high success rate but with TCG Live your opponents deck can get really unpredictable as opposed to playing in a tournament environment. My biggest issue is those Inteleon Decidueye decks. It's basically an instant loss as soon as Decidueye is on the field and it is ridiculously annoying. I've spent an hour trying to figure out a good counter that has synergy with this build but I can't seem to find anything. It seems like I always run into this stupid deck as soon as I'm about to go up a rank in the ladder. (Funny how that seems to work. Seems beyond coincidental) it's funny because if I played Mew VMAX I always seemed to be matched up against darkness archetypes. I could give a bunch of other examples from other decks I used but it definitely does not seem random. It seems like the game deliberately gives me bad match ups as soon as I'm getting close to going up. Has anyone else experienced this? I digress. Any suggestions for this deck? How I can counter a Decidueye in particular?

Comments