Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

STOP Players from closing the app when they are about to lose

dcowing333
dcowing333 Member Posts: 6
First Comment

I was curious if anyone has figured out a way to not lose a match when the opponent is losing and is most likely going to lose, closes the app and as a result the match basically is frozen. when you go to refresh the app immediately it docs you 20 points. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Comments

• Fox13096
    Fox13096 Member Posts: 35
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer 10 Comments

I've had that problem too. It has never docked me points if I close it, but it is still annoying. It might make it possible for you to win, but you have to wait forever for your opponent to time out.

• N4te2014
    N4te2014 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper

It is so stupid. TPCi can we get a fix on this

• shibatku
    shibatku Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

So that's what they were trying to do. I wondered why it took forever and I won. 😆 They quit. Got it now.

• cannory
    cannory Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

oh so THATS what happened haha. I thought the game just froze on its own. Only had it happen once, tho; thanks for being good sports everyone 😁

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

It's not due to a rage quit. It's the result of a glitch causing a desync which silently disconnected you from the server. If you just close the app, you lose the match.

• Proczorism
    Proczorism Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

On a probably connected side note: what little I've seen on the phone app if screen goes black or is for some reason turned off even for just a second in some cases it seems to disconnect the person on the phone from the game. Some ip issue or desynchronization issue... disconnecting from a VPN does the same thing. IDK just annoying.