Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Anyone else miss "playground" Pokémon?

Anyone miss playing Pokémon via pulling from packs and playing what you pulled? Not all the net-decking the metas and using gems and such to craft up the exact deck you found and playing the same four or five decks everyone else net-decked and crafted?

Sure, it depended largely on pulling the right cards and/or having the cards people were willing to (dare I say) TRADE for (a shocking concept in a TRADING card game, I know), but it always made me feel like my wins were earned when I could build a better deck than my friends just based on what I pulled.

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

I understand what you mean, in a way I agree but the no trade system has pros and cons.

For instance an advantage is new players in the old trade system would basically stand no chance of having a lot of higher rarity cards or playing every deck they would like for literally years. Now it's possible for every player (new or not) to have access to virtualy any deck with few months of playing.

In the other hand this current system makes it kind of too easy to have any card or deck, causing decks and rarity to be a banal thing (removes the value and the proud of having any card).

In my opinion a mix of both systems would be the best, if you could still craft but bit harder and still allow trade.

That said, Pokemon TCG Pocket was annouced to allow trade, you could give it a try (I will), it can possibility bring back the old ways of online PTCG... we will see.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes
    edited October 7 #3

No. I was the only one who read the rulebook. It was so frustrating.

There is nothing stopping you making your own format or playing your own games with friends if you really want that experience.

Buy a few packs, build decks out of what you pull and go nuts.

If you want to mix things up you can each add a new pack to your pool every once in a while.

You could even make your own cube. I know people have experimented with making Pokémon TCG draftable.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

Wah

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

Try pre release events