Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Old school theme deck tournaments

Could you guys please add the Theme deck matches that was on Pokemon TCG Online. They were so fun and so much more mentally challenging than todays fast paced ex and vstar games

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

It's not possible now because TCG Live only has playable cards from Sun & Moon series and forward (eventually Black & White series and forward, but it may take years to be playable… or maybe they will never be able to implement it… knowing what they accomplish in more then 2 years since Live beta released I have doubts).

Theme decks were 1st release way back and were discontinued in late 2020, supposedly replaced by V Battle Decks. and later on ex Battle Decks. I actually agree it was fun to play those preconstructed Theme decks, but unfortunately I don't believe devs are capable of adding that format even if it was incomplete like the current Expanded… look for how long they said they will fully support Expended format… nothing changed tho. Also because Theme decks were discontinued we would have to play the same existing decks forever, it wouldn't be as fun as it was when they released new Theme decks from time to time.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I see no reason that they couldn't add older theme decks if they wanted for the purpose of theme deck matches. It could be a special event all its own.

Of course, I think the team has bigger priorities. Or they should.

• fafnitchaos
    fafnitchaos Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper

Yeah there was more to do in the old game - We went from tournaments/Full expanded/Legacy/theme decks - to a Battle pass....

Hopefully this new project their working on for the card game, will generate enough revenue for them to finish this game.....

Then again they could just abandon this one in favor of the new one, and what were left with is what we already got.

Despite the name change this game hasn't changed since Beta.