Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is the Pokemon Company finally going to put some love into their neglected game.

Landscape Mode.

Expanded Format.

Lifetime Challenges along with the Daily ones.

Instead of a Human Avatar, can we select a Pokemon as a mate.

Our own personal Duel Fields.

10 Card Booster Packs with Better Opening Graphics, instead of tap tap tap.

these are just 5 things the gamers shouldn't Even need to ask for. Its embarrassing that this Company owns the best TCG but refuse to put any love into it. If Pokemon put the same level of interest into their games such as Konami do into Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel then this Game would easily be number 1 card game. Instead your nowhere near that spot and will be out shined by a mini version of this game coming out in October. Embarrassing doesn't cut it.

I'm not sure how people have accepted this mess. I'm glad the review still reflects it properly.

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

Better lower your expectations... if they get expanded format ranked and fully playable by next year I would be surprised. The rest of your wish list maybe in few years from now… don't hold your breath for it lol

• Jadite
    Jadite Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs

If you want everything Master Duel has to offer, then play Master Duel.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

The Pokémon Company isn't involved in Live at all, so it getting a Master Duel budget is impossible

• TechHog

Also we haven't accepted anything. The playerbase is just 3% of Master Duel's.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

what is master duel

• pokemasterdon
    pokemasterdon Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

I do play Master Duel which is why I can compare the two. If Pokemon actually gave this game a budget then it would potentially over take Master Duel. Pokemon Gameplay is better, the app is significantly worse. Here's me hoping they will eventually listen to the fans. As for Jadite, your sarcastic messages don't do anyone any good and makes yourself look like a tool.

• Jadite
    Jadite Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs

Well sorry that a side game doesn't have the budget that the main games or the paper TCG have, but it's just life, you can beg and beg for these things to be added, but the Pokemon Company knows where to put it's money, if it isn't worthwhile to invest in it, then they wont. I too play Master Duel too, and I know it has it's issues too, but I still believe the paper versions for both of these are better. If Pokémon TCG LIve gets too close to Master Duel then the upcoming Pocket is going to seem like they are copying Duel Links.

You have to think about the long term effects of these, money is limited, if you wish for personal fields then it costs money to add, then people will say "there isn't enough selection!" It's just gonna be more and more money, taking away from the other games, Pokémon's main source of revenue.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers
  • TechHog

Well, they're not gonna give it an AAA budget. This is made by The Pokémon Company International, which is just a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company, which itself is a subsidiary of Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. They literally don't have the budget to make something like Master Duel, and even if they did it would mean micro transactions and would take years to revamp. Live will never be that game. Maybe if Pocket does well TPC might make a new app with the proper rules and cards, but it'll be a total reset.

Master Duel is an anomaly though. Expecting that kind of budget is like expecting Gen 10 to have GTA 6's budget and development time. It's not gonna happen.