Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Disconnect Issues?

Has anyone else been having a ton of disconnect issues recently? I feel like every other match someone loses their wi-fi connection and the game just completely stops as one player just can't take any actions. Checking my battle logs it's often the other person who disconnects as well, but they continue playing the game as though I'm not taking any actions. Is this a common occurrence or is this just on my end?

Answers

• Grunt44
    Grunt44 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

Try reinstalling the game and resetting your Wifi. This will cause a refresh. Maybe it work. If it doesn't, we'll know it's an internal issue probably.

• BlazeRayna
    BlazeRayna Member Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 10 Comments 5 LOLs Combo Breaker

I have noticed a significant increase as well.

I personally don't believe it is a WiFi issue as much as a server issue. It is happening way too frequently to way too many people all over who use different internet connections in the mobile apps. If it was strictly based internet connections used I would say it was a possibility , but too many people have reported this happening while on strong connections at multiple locations. If it was a WiFi issue, you would receive a prompt that indicates 'no WiFi connection detected' or a symbol rather than the 'reestablishing connection' message. This is why I am convinced it is a server issue.

• keldeo894
    keldeo894 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

I think so too – I reinstalled the app and it's still happening often enough, and my WiFi connection is completely fine in every other app I use. Plus when I look in the battle logs it's other people that disconnect pretty often too – if it wasn't a server issue, then it would mean that probably around half of the people playing the game have a WiFi connection inconsistent enough to disconnect frequently, which I really doubt.