Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What do you think will be the next main series game after Pokémon Z-A?

2»

Comments

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments
    Something else...

Sorry @theJeffers I sometimes read and don't completely understand everything I'm reading. It probably because I need to read more.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

No problem.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments
    A "Let's Go" Game

I would say even after the gen 10 game in 2026 that Pokemon Games need a lot more time to perfect every aspect including graphics and gameplay.

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes
    Something else...

I feel like there should be a Gen 6 remake.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@MajorBrendan Hopefully Z-A is not just a fluke and the games going forward will receive sufficient resources, staff and development time to produce a decent product.

Why do you think Let's Go is next? Is there still enough interest in the series? I think the first ones sold because they were the first Switch Pokémon games and came out closer to Pokémon Go's release and peak popularity.

Every Pokémon fan I know personally either skipped them or was lukewarm to them at best.

@Tacolaser A gen 6 remake would make some sense alongside Z-A. It follows a similar pattern to BDSP being released just before PLA.

I would hope that it is closer to HGSS than BDSP in terms of quality and approach to design, but I am not convinced that the Gamefreak that gave us HGSS even exists anymore.

But maybe a second crack at the game can deliver on the potential I feel was missed in the original 3DS games. They are coming off the back of some of the best selling games in the franchise, rather than trying to recover from their worst selling.

• CInnaBox
    CInnaBox Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Agrees Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Gen 10

I'm gonna be so mad if they don't release it in 2026