Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

When do you think the Switch successor will be released? And with Pokémon Legends Z-A or not?

Darkbirt
Darkbirt Member Posts: 48
Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees Photogenic

I thought this would be an interesting poll.

On the moment we don't know nothing about the Switch successor, except that it will come sometime in the future. Some even claim that Pokémon Legends Z-A comes to the Switch successor. This might also be the reason we know basically nothing except from the trailer from Pokémon Day 2024. Now my question is, what do you think will Pokémon Legends Z-A be released on the Switch, the Switch successor or both?

Personally I hope it's a Switch successor release, because I would love to see my favorite Pokémon in High definition. I know it's announced as a Switch game, but you never know.

When do you think the Switch successor will be released? And with Pokémon Legends Z-A or not? 14 votes

Releases in November or December 2024
0%
Releases in January or February 2025
0%
Releases in March or April 2025
35%
cpm1Ravenclawed1234clasinglaDarkbirtCandy0_o 5 votes
Releases in May or June 2025
7%
Go4Topher 1 vote
Releases in July or August 2025
7%
UnovanZorua 1 vote
Releases in September or October 2025
7%
JuliusVercelli 1 vote
Releases in November or December 2025
28%
TheJefferspuplover1118EremasTonyVasiento 4 votes
Releases in 2026 (Panic.)
0%
Releases in 2027 ( Crying.)
7%
Tacolaser 1 vote
I don't care.
7%
Flametix 1 vote

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    Releases in July or August 2025

I feel like it's going to release during the second half of 2025, the most likely options imo are probably between July and October. I think Z-A is probably not going to be released on it, but I'm pretty sure it'll have backwards compatibility (especially since the Switch was so popular) so you could probably play Z-A on it.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 774 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

historically september would be right. But November seems more likely.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

Early next year though I was thinking that legends z-a could be launch title

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

i'm thinking march 2025

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes
    Releases in 2027 ( Crying.)

I actually don't hope PLZA will be released on the successor, because then I'd have to buy a new console.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I do not think the new console will release this financial year. I suspect it will be announced April at the earliest, but some time before the summer. I would bet on a release some time September to November, so that it will be stocked and ready for the holiday sales.

It is possible Z-A will be a Switch title, especially if the new console is backwards compatible. In that case, it may release a little earlier than the new console. Otherwise, I suspect it may release a little later. Pokémon has never been a launch title, but then again these are somewhat unprecedented times.