Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Congratulations! 🎉

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees
    edited August 13 #12

DO A SPEECH ABOUT THE GREATNESS OF DELPHOX

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

This comment appeared the exact minute I posted a poll about Delphox, that's a funny coincidence. But I haven't made any extremely long posts about how underrated Delphox is in a while.

Anyways, Delphox is the best Pokémon and if you disagree you are wrong. Unfortunately, it's often overshadowed by Greninja, which Pokémon and its fans prefer and give much more things and powerups and forms and attention and everything, overshadowing the two other members of its trio more than Charizard does to its trio, and overshadowed by its pre-evolution Braixen, which is a great Pokémon, but a lot of people who like it dislike Delphox for some reason, calling it ugly, disgusting, too different from its pre-evolution, and more awful and untrue things. It is not a completely new Pokémon compared to Braixen, which has the same theme of being magical and shares the same species, colour scheme, and more, although Braixen is designed to look younger and more cutesy, while Delphox is designed to look more mature and cool. They share more similarities than some other starter evolution lines, like Wartortle and Blastoise. They're both bipedal blue water-type turtles/tortoises, but I do not know where Blastoise's cannons come from or where Wartortle's ears go. If you think Delphox is too far from Braixen in terms of design, Wartortle's entire head changes. Not even just its face or ears. It looks as if there were supposed to be two more evolutions between it and Blastoise, especially when there's only a slight change between Squirtle and Wartortle, but Blastoise is completely different (although I still love the Squirtle line, I'm bringing this up to compare how no one talks about it but I've seen far too many people complain about Braixen to Delphox. I've never even seen anyone mention how Fennekin stands up, becomes very humanoid, grows a skirt, and more when it becomes Braixen, which is definitely a more sudden change than Braixen to Delphox. Also Squirtle and Wartortle look so cute while Blastoise is more tough looking, but I never see anyone bring that up or call Blastoise the worst starter ever made meanwhile when Braixen evolves into Delphox and looks more mature and less cutesy, everyone is mad). And while many complain and say the design is ugly, it is definitely not. Usually those people then point to Braixen and say that Braixen has a beautiful design that Delphox ruins, I already adressed that while talking about the Squirtle line. People, from what I've seen, just think it should be a cutesy very feminine Pokémon like Braixen and compare it when that's not how you should treat art, because even if they're supposed to be from the same evolution line, they aren't supposed to just be the same Pokémon but bigger. When you see it without comparing it to anything, it's a beautiful design. I think there's probably multiple important life lessons to be learnt from this.

This took me an hour to write incase it's not obvious why I don't make these kind of posts more often.

• UnovanZorua

I made one but it's not letting me post it, it's showing that wierd long error.

• UnovanZorua

Okay, I tried editing my comment into the post I made, but it needs to go through approval. I did not think my posts still needed to get approved at 5 stars since none of my posts got held for approval at 4 stars. Hopefully it gets approved, I used an hour of my life to write that and was really focusing and thinking hard.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Yay it posted! Let's give him a round of applause, people!👏

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments
  • clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

👏👏👏

• SmartySeth
    SmartySeth Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary

what do stars do?

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs
  • UnovanZorua

@SmartySeth

Pretty much nothing. They just sit near your username. There is a possibility more stars means your posts go through less approval but no one knows for sure yet. You get stars by having a lot of points, which you get when people give positive reactions to your posts. However, you will lose points if someone decides to flag a post you made. 1 star when you make your account, I forgot when you get 2 stars but I think it's 50 points, 3 stars at 100 points, 4 stars at 500 points, 5 stars at 1000 points.