Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Haxorus/Regidrago Vstar bug

Hi everyone! I noticed a bug that cost me a game, where I had a legacy energy attached to my Teal Mask Ogerpon, which should turn it into a 1 prize knock out, but my opponent took 2 prizes instead.

Basically, they used Regidrago Vstar's Apex Dragon, and utilized Haxorus in the discard pile, and attacked with "Bring Down the Axe." The attack says, "If your opponent has any special energy, it is knocked out." But it should still be a 1 prize knock out. I figure the bug has something to do with the fact that the attack includes special energy in its description.

I'm kinda new here so I don't see a place to post screenshots, but I also have one where it's recorded in my battle log.

Comments

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

Legacy Energy only says you give up 1 less prize when knocked out by damage, not effects of attacks.

• Crantor
    Crantor Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Oh!!!! Thanks! I'm new to the game so that kind of subtlety is beyond me right now haha

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Yeah, same deal happens if they knock you out with something that places damage counters, like Dragapult ex's Phantom Dive or Sableye's Lost Mine.