Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Should there be a generation 10?

MewESPEON12
MewESPEON12 Member Posts: 14
Photogenic First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper

Who thinks there will be a Gen 10?

Best Answers

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments
    #2 Answer ✓

I would say there would be post 2026 if not the specific year.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments
    #3 Answer ✓

I believe it will be released in 2026 to celebrate 30 years of Pokémon, which in 2025 will become Pokémon Legends Z-A

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary
    #4 Answer ✓

Do I think Nintendo, Gamefreak and TPC are going to pass up an opportunity to sell another installment of the highest grossing media franchise on Earth, along with all the merchandise, anime, manga, trading cards, Pikachu underpants, etc.

Yes. Like all corporations, they hate money. They had a good run. Let's call it, guys. Pack it up!

My sincere answer: There will almost certainly be a new generation of Pokémon, foregoing some end of the world scenario or Japan and the rest of the world declaring Pokémon illegal on pain of death or something.

For better or worse, it is nigh-certain that it will sell well. My hope is that all the companies involved, and the management in charge of the decisions, give the developers the time and resources they need to deliver a high quality product.

They can get away with shoddy products for a while, coasting on brand recognition. But each buggy, ugly, low quality release damages the brand and its reputation in at least a small way. Eventually even the normie parents and children are going to notice and lose interest.

The question is not whether gen 10 will exist. The question is whether gen 10 will be the turning point that restores Pokémon's reputation or another data point on its marked decline.

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    #5 Answer ✓

yes there will be a gen 10

Answers