Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon Center’s offical plushes are too expensive.

JuliusVercelli
JuliusVercelli Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
25 Agrees Photogenic First Answer Name Dropper

Seriously, around 20 - 30$ average for a small plush is ridiculous. In fact all the prices in the store are pretty pricey. Why?

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

nah it’s high quality I feel like I’m paying for what I get

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Don't buy them, then. Capitalism in action. If the price is too high, people won't buy them.

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

As long as people buy them, Nintendo won't change the price.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

if they’re made of high quality materials, I don’t see why I wouldn’t buy some eventually, especially the actual size Furret one

• clasingla

well for me I think they are

• clasingla

though I’ve only gotten sitting cutie plushies (7) and a sprigatito plush so far I’ve also got other products including the switch case which has 9 game slots a velcro to keep your switch from falling off and a zipper section in the back to store stuff in and the official Pokémon baking book the recipes I’ve made from it so far have been 10/10 stars plus when I got the charizard ex tin from there I pulled a gold card the gold chi-yu (the great tusk ex tin my friend gave me had an alt art gardevoir ex and my elite trainer box & meowscarada ex pulls were weak so I preferred the tins) the one thing that I don’t really like about pokemon center is how fast some items sell out like the day after I got the charizard ex tin they were sold out on the first day of sitting cuties gen 5 Zoura larvesta and maybe a few others were already sold out and yet some of the prices are In fact insane I’m not going to pay 300 dollars for a chess set with Pokémon (and very few at that) or for a figurine that’s a little bigger (you could buy a switch with that money) though I do like the sitting cutie plush and feel like the price should be a little bit lower cause the price used to be 11-13 dollars (can tell by unpopular Pokémon that didn’t sell much) but now is 15-17 (Pokemon that are often restocked) I personally feel 11-13 is a better price for them

• Specter478
    Specter478 Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs 5 Answers

I agree its to expensive

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

which is why I tend to get certain plush before they get sold out.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

just buy them

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

yes, they are 100% too expensive. I was looking at the pokemon center the other day and was thinking, "My! These are ridiculous!" It is fine for them to be a bit overpriced, since they are high-quality and come from the pokemon center itself, but they were way more than "a little overpriced".