Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

whats your opinion on Gold And Silver mainline series

Options
TemineTrainer
TemineTrainer Member Posts: 4
First Answer Photogenic First Comment

In my opinion the storylines actually really good

Answers

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

i think gen 2 are the GOAT games and the peak of the era, with great graphical improvements, unrivaled storytelling of a sequel and the humble beginnings of a new roster to address the hype of a growing fad. also they set the stage for basically battle mechanics as we know it with special defense, dark and steel type, fixing gen 1 unbalanced moves, adding held items, weather, etc. also they had a proper bag system with key items, box system with moving pokemon, and even time of day. yeah i like gen 2

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

Gold and Silver were great sequels to Red and Green. They improved a lot, added two new types and, thanks to the contributions of the legendary Iwata, included Kanto alongside Johto on a tiny Game Boy cartridge.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the best remakes we have gotten in the series. Not only did they faithfully recreate the original while modernising the look and gameplay, they added beloved features like follow Pokémon.

GSC represents the peak of the Game Boy era of the franchise, HGSS are arguably the best games in the DS era (very stiff competition), potentially even the best in the series.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

I recently had the opportunity to play Gold while visiting a friends' house, and I really enjoyed it. Despite how old it seemed to me, having started with SWSH, it was pretty cool and felt like an amazing piece of history. Even though I couldn't figure out where to go, and kinda freaked out when only my active pokemon got xp, I had a lot of fun.