Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How did you discover Pokemon?

124»

Comments

• MagicarpFisher9
    MagicarpFisher9 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

If you showed me a picture of every pokemon I could name it, but i can't just name them all off the top of my head.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I discovered Pokémon when I was 5 years old when I first watched the Pokémon anime in the Diamond and Pearl era, and my special interest in Pokémon started at the age of 7 when I first played Pokémon White, and since then, Pokémon has been my special interest and still Pokémon is very special to me

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

i discovered pokemon because it was still the talk of the time at school when everyone was playing on the gba and ds and there wasn't much else to be interested in, back then you could walk in the tall grass without a pokemon and a teacher would yell at you just like playing the games in real life

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

also my day care had some of the hand books and a nintendo 64 with the spin off games which were pretty cool, back then it was about the pure gameplay with no filler, i remember watching these guys throwing apples at people and taking pictures of them and picking the bad stadium rental sets based on how cool the pokemon were and not knowing how the moves or stats worked

• WhiscashIsCool
    WhiscashIsCool Member Posts: 37
    First Answer 5 Agrees 10 Comments

I watched the Indigo Disk Anime, found it fun and the creatures were cool in it. Eventually did more research and got a few games. Became more passionate from there.