Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is this the kind of players you endorse?

Answers

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

@Silentsiren0 I’m not sure if the second comment was addressed to me, but I definitely would say it’s good to have fun and game balance. Ability decks are certainly very powerful right now; I definitely wouldn’t mind a PttP reprint. But I don’t think it’s fair to degrade the entirety of the card game based on Live’s performance, because obviously in-game events are unaffected.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

@Tmagician0 the TCG is not dying; why do you say that? Recently, tournaments have been larger than ever before; it seems like every single internationals hosted breaks the record. Worlds is expected to be absolutely enormous this year. Also, if you hate stall so much that you would be willing to quit the game because of it, then just play like eight switching cards, or Gengar PAF. Easy auto-win whenever you hit stall.

• Silentsiren0
    Silentsiren0 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees

@OlderAngel11 @Octowen clearly you are casual players who don't play often enough to experience the issues, because you just don't seem to get it. more than half of all games end due to one or both players disconnecting due to slight dips in connection. the card game is considered slow as is, and now stall exists dragging the game out even longer. the game balance itself is optional with most decks having no counter-play other than just being ready faster, WHICH IN MOST CASES ISN'T POSSIBLE!

Game freak (or whatever company in charge of the card game now) has clearly dropped the ball on the fundamentals of the game space, and apparently don't seem to care. You can call it a skill issue all you want. Can't get better if the games broken and the people in charge aren't fixing it.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

@Silentsiren0

@OlderAngel11 is a competitive player they in fact have a worlds invitation and @Octowen knows a lot about the Tcg

• Silentsiren0
    Silentsiren0 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees

@clasingla

Could have fooled me, because they don't seem to know what there talking about. Especially @OlderAngel11! either your wrong or they both only play irl tcg.

• clasingla

I’ve been more active on this forum than you and I have read everything since I joined and I know these two know what they are talking about @OlderAngel11 helped me when i first joined the forums after I lost badly at my first tournament I hopped on the Pokémon forums (this was 2 weeks after I joined and the second time I was active) and wanted to know how I could make a better deck and realized their was a post by the the Pokémon company international about a deck I wanted to use and try this deck but realized some of the cards would soon rotate out so I asked about that @OlderAngel11 gave

• clasingla

me help and after that I have been on the forums almost daily

• Octowen

@Silentsiren0

“Either your wrong or they both only play irl tcg”

OR you’re wrong, @Silentsiren0. Don’t set up a false dilemma.

• Octowen

And let’s back up to your statement that the card game is considered slow as-is, @Silentsiren0. Are you saying in comparison to other TCGs? If so, which ones? Or are you saying compared to the past of the Pokémon TCG?

• Lygars
    Lygars Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs Photogenic

Bro this forum it's like daily quest for you without rewards HaHa