Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is it just me or is the Summer Fun event…

grriffinn
grriffinn Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees First Anniversary

Comments

• MorgaineBlu
    MorgaineBlu Member Posts: 3
    5 Agrees First Comment

This event is atrocious. I'm seeing someone who had a daily to play two Candice. That card has been unplayable for ages, if it was ever playable to begin with! These terrible dailies need to go ASAP, or I'm just not going to bother with Live until July.

• ColonelHolst
    ColonelHolst Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

SO bad. Honestly made the game significantly worse.

Specific quest are bad. Especially for those that play the casual side. That is gonna be decks just designed to get the quests and concede because no one is taking Candice into Masters.

The big bundles are bad on an app you can't add gems to your account on. Having big ticket gem items that are limited time only when you can't buy gems is horrible. Especially with how much they are.

Plus giving us a deck and centering your event around a card that is bugged is absolutely laughable.

• grriffinn

Yep, it’s an all-but-complete failure-to-launch. I was going to do a write-up going to into detail but I accidentally pressed the “post comment” button rather than the “Save draft” button.

• The Palafin ex deck is basically a broken deck walking thanks to the current bugs STILL affecting the app. Whoever decided to do this needs a stern talking to. In a room with penguins (or Piplups, whichever is your preferred flavor) croquet mallets.
    • I hate the avatar system right down to the core but these new catchphrases are glorified dad jokes, just awful all-around. We’re honestly better off without them.
    • The quests are probably the biggest letdown. Some of them require playing specific Trainer cards (I saw Fresh Water Set, a suboptimal Item card, and Irida) and they’re done in place of the usual Daily Quests rather than being done alongside them.
    • Certain freebies are tied to the Ranked Ladder. I already know that, given my past experiences with it, I won’t get those snazzy Palafin sleeves because they’re an Arceus League level award.
    • The bundle doesn‘t look too bad. Being able to buy 5 Collector Crates (Paldea Evolved, Obsidian Flames, Paradox Rift, Temporal Forces, and Twilight Masquerade) at once is nice but I’m just not sure if it’s worth 15,000 Credits.

I know it’s the first day of the event but if this what they’re putting out I don’t really have any hope for this to be a good 1st Anniversary celebration.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic

The thing is, if I want to feel like I'm keeping up like I normally do, I have to play a water deck, which I'm not interested in. I might just play whatever water decks, two Candice, then dip, and that's not good for the game, so I just won't play. All I really wanted were the crystals so I could splurge on the next release and try out the latest decks.

If you see me out there playing a bad water deck, I'm sorry. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• grriffinn

The bundles aren’t as bad in regards to which currency you use to buy ‘em (they use Credits, the currency you get from excess cards being burnt) but they’re kind of iffy in every other regard. The TCG Live First Year Collector’s Reflection bundle is arguably the worst of the three due to the way Collector Crates are structured pull-wise (common and uncommon RH being the first 4 slots are an insult while an argument could be made for the fifth slot being garbage as well), the TCG First Year Reflections bundle is iffy considering it’s just a booster back from each SVI-era set save for Scarlet & Violet itself, and the TCG Live Party Starter Kit 2024 isn’t that bad considering its contents.

To be fair the ones I’ve seen so far (save for that garbage one involving the use of Fresh Water Set) can be done with any Chien-Pao/Baxcalibur deck, I just wish they ran alongside the usual Daily Quests instead of replacing ‘em.

• Ampersundae

@grriffinn I've played against my fair share of Chein-Pao/Bax decks, that I know how to play it, it just doesn't interest me. You're right about if the usual Daily Quest were running I might still be playing, but I think it's common theme that players always want more variety in their opponents and not less. If I were to play that deck I would only exasperate some issues I don't like about this game.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment

Indeed, I also find this new quests for an entire month to be annoying... you need to be more creative Pokémon Live... summer is not all about water… all Pokémon types deserve love

• Ampersundae

At this point, which type will they choose for Halloween? Psychic or Dark?, because both can be more frustrating to face than water right now.

Then the player base won't like more control based decks and basic gameplay swings in favour of a different arbitrary type.

• HawtCookie
    HawtCookie Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

New to TCG Live, please explain how Hail blade + Super Cold isn't banned? I got damaged for 1080 earlier. Why is this so op and allowed? The same thing happens on a few other decks with the ability to put energy on constantly and add damage to all cards before even hitting the active. How do we win against this method w/o switching to these decks? Thanks, have fun!>

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Likes First Answer First Comment

Hail blade + Super cold are valid moves/abilities. There are decks that you can use to defeat the chien pao ex deck (Where these moves come from), such as a charizard ex deck, if you would like, I can link a site that has plenty of alternate decks for you to use if you'd like to use a different deck.