Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Special energy

If I had a colorless double energy could I for example say that they both cover for an attck that cost two phycic energy

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

No, you need two psychic energies to cover that cost.

I recommend checking the rulebook if you haven't already. It's always good to brush up on the rules from time to time, even for experienced players.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/rules

Pages 13 and 20 might be helpful for you in this case.

• Obstagoon2
    Obstagoon2 Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

No because a double colorless energy only provides two colorless energys. It cannot provide any other type of energy.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Answers

Special energy that provide Colorless energy (ex. Double Colorless) only provide that type, Rainbow energy (ex. Reversal) provide all types, and typed energy (ex. Speed Lightning) provide the type listed and Colorless.

• Spiritomb-108
    Spiritomb-108 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

would the colorless energy count for the phycic because when you attck it can be used with any energy

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

Only if it tells you that it counts as every energy, or psychic energy. If it just has the colorless symbol, then it will not.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

Let's try with an example.

If you attached a double colourless energy to this Pokémon, you can use X Ball, because the requirement is two colourless.

However, if you attached a psychic energy after that, you cannot use Psydrive, because while you have three energy, you need two psychic energy to perform the attack.

Two psychic energies and a double colourless, another psychic or even a fire energy card would allow you to use Psydrive.

Do you understand?

The white star energy symbols mean you can use any energy.

Any other symbols mean you must have an energy of that type attached to your Pokémon.