Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

summer fun?

When logging on a lil bit ago there was a prompt for an "invite to our 1 year anniversary summer bash" or something and the screen went black besides the golden beach court on the bottom. Did anyone get this too? And what info was on it? I couldn't find it in the news tab either. Thanks!

Comments

• Mod_Ginger
    Mod_Ginger Administrator, Moderator Posts: 8 admin
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Hello, @Nashedtators! That would be the announcement for the Pokémon TCG Live First Anniversary Summer Bash! Here are some details from the announcement:

“The party lasts 6/4 17:00 UTC - 7/4 17:00 UTC. There’ll be a wave of watery catchphrases, a steady stream of special daily quests, and a swell of exclusive shop bundles! Best of all, we’ve also invited some special party guests!”

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer

Nice, I'm looking forward to this. Also, I'm curious about whether or not the beta testers get something special during the event, like summer-themed beta tester sleeves similar to the ones we already have.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees

Yeah, I played during the beta, do we get cool stuff? Also, what is this event going to be about? Like, we get free stuff if we are online when the "party" is going on?

• 1wisewhim
    1wisewhim Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Ravenclawed1234 Are you still testing for the game? The game has launched and it would seem unfair if your privy to info before non beta testers at this point, let along special perks and freebies…

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer

No, I was one of the people who started playing before the switch from Online to Live, which means I have the Global Beta accessories, I also only got the game before Online sunset because I wanted to play on mobile instead of just PC.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees

@1wisewhim Just think of it like a loyalty reward. We've been playing the game since it started, so we get some free stuff. Not anything astronomical, maybe a cool deck box or set of sleeves.