Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

First ever ranked season - how did I do?

So, I’ve enjoyed the tcg for about 2 years and this ranked season (now there’s only 5 days left) I decided to start playing live, and immediately fell in love. Now, being the competitive maniac that I am, I decided to shoot for the stars and for my first ever ranked season, said that my goal was to get to arceus rank. In hindsight, this was kinda stupid, but no matter. Anyways, I picked up Giratina costar lost box as the only deck I would play and dived headfirst into the ranked ladder. Now, with only 5 days left, i sit proudly at mewtwo tier, using Tina lost box all the way (My account name is Gen8Sucks btw) and I plan on getting to deoxygenated tier by the end of the season. Now, I have had some ups and downs, but it’s mostly been smooth sailing. However, I did some research and found that a ton of people struggle to get through to great tier, and while I was certainly grinding a lot, I wasn’t struggling at that point. Bearing this in mind, how would you all say i did for my first ever ranked season? From togepi to mewtwo!

Comments

• Gen8Sucks
    Gen8Sucks Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes First Comment

Note: well, this literally happened today, but I got into the master league! Well, now I’m deoxys tier and I’m probably going to take a break, seeing as I grinned so much this season.

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees

👍

• Rooknight611413
    Rooknight611413 Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Agrees

In terms of ladder achievement, yes well done, but I wouldn't say it's something particularly spectacular.

You're on +20/-10 points in great league and +25/-15 in ultra league, that means given enough time anyone can make it into master league so long as your win rate doesn't go below 37.5%, which is like winning barely more than 1 out of 3 games. That's honestly not difficult at all.

You should look at your win rate and how many games you spent to actually reach master league instead. Given the circumstances this is definitely a more accurate and objective way to measure your performance.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees

Sounds like you did pretty well! I play competitively as well, so sounds like we might be a perfect match! I will friend you, though I must say I liked gen 8. It was also the gen that I started in.😓

• Gen8Sucks
    Gen8Sucks Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes First Comment

@Rooknight611413 got about 75 wins and 40 losses, which amounts to a.. 65% win rate. That sound good?