Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Country to be gen 11 pokemon region

13»

Comments

• Krookodileking8
    Krookodileking8 Member Posts: 20
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic

Want to go classic

• Krookodileking8
    Krookodileking8 Member Posts: 20
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic

Deer god the amount of typos in my comments

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 25 Likes First Answer 100 Comments

@Krookodileking8 Oooh, Tokyo would be a good one

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

They already did Kanto. Tokyo is part of the real world Kanto region in Japan.

Johto is based on the Kansai/Kinki region, but at that point they seemed to have decided to make Pokémon its own world, so called it something else. Same with Hoenn (based on the island of Kyushu) and Sinnoh (Hokkaido).

I think returning to Japan at some point in the future would be a cool idea, either as a sequel game to a previous region (isn't Let's Go PEE technically already a Kanto sequel?) or somewhere entirely new.

If they did that, however, then Gamefreak staff wouldn't be able to charge all the costs for their international holiday... I mean "field research"... as a business expense. So I think we are going to get non-Japanese locations for the time being.

Somewhere in South America or Africa could be really interesting. I wouldn't be adverse to another part of America after Unova, but it would most likely be California, specifically LA, the only other place in America your average Japanese person knows after New York.

• HolyLance1337
    HolyLance1337 Member Posts: 66
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

Egypt, Germany, or Russia.

• TabaxiDragon
    TabaxiDragon Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Greece or Rome would be cool, mostly to see how Pokemon would be based off of myths.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

@TabaxiDragon If they would have pokemon region based in Greece, Best to include merfolk for real not just pokemon based off of myths and greek environment.