Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Will an Ash-Greninja Bond Phenomenon be back in Pokémon Legends: Z-A? Why?

Options
MrCarle
MrCarle Member Posts: 98
First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary

I knew that an Ash-Greninja bond phenomenon had debuted in XY anime series episode, "A Festival of Decisions!", as well as later in the preview demo and full version of Pokémon Sun & Moon. However, unfortunately, the reason an Ash-Greninja Bond Phenomenon was dropped out from Gens VIII and/or IX mainline video games is because he was once an exclusive special temporary transformation for Gens VII mainline video games, except in Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee if unavailable. So do you think that an Ash-Greninja bond phenomenon will make his own comeback as in Pokémon Legends: Z-A? Why? Please let me know, thanks.😉

Answers

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

No. Because Ash isn't the protagonist anymore, and the player being able to turn their Greninja partially into someone they don't know (as the player probably isn't Ash) through their "bond" is weird and does not make sense. Plus there weren't abilities in PLA and it will probably be the same in PLZ-A.

AND although it looked cool, the bond phenomenon was horrible in-game (and also a bit in the anime). It further decreased the popularity of Delphox and Chesnaught, gave Greninja a form stronger than a mega while giving the other two less than nothing and a connection to Ash, plus it was kind of a stupid idea in general to make the BOND PHENOMENON Ash Greninja ver. (We don't know if other versions exist yet), which is supposed to have made Greninja look closer to the person it bonded with (Ash in this case), available to all people?!

To be honest I just hate Greninja (and the XY anime) for contributing to making the gap of popularity between Greninja and the other two Kalos starters somehow worse than Charizard and the other two Kanto starters. TPC just can't stop favouring one starter whenever they even think of Kanto, huh. At least Venusaur and Blastoise got megas and are part of the original 151.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

if they do include it its probably going to be obtained through some form of mystery gift

@UnovanZorua i agree that greninja is overated i kind of find the whole greninja line mid

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Also it's just an awful excuse to give more attention to Greninja than the other two, since we've never gotten a new bond Pokémon. It was just a singular form for a singular Pokémon.

"It was so extremely close to Ash, it created a new form change even stronger than a Mega. But because the sheer strength of their bond is so great it was only achieved once in the entirety of Poké-history this form probably can't be replicated ever again! What a convenient excuse to only give one of the starters a new form while the others get hated on for dumb reasons and stay obscure and liked by few forever, haha!"

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 520 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

yeah it would be weird