Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Forums Region Story Chapter 2 - “Rivals”

Options

Comments

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

(Pokémon changed to mudkip and snivy) They gathered at a nearby clearing in the woods. There were small claw and burn marks on the surrounding trees- most likely battles from other young trainers who shared the same story as Arlo’s and Jax’s. It was time. Time to show Arlo he wasn’t the best at everything, regardless if Arlo was always so humble about it. That’s what irritated Jax the most, Arlo seemed oblivious to the fact that he was a golden prodigy, and in being so, he solidified his perfection.

Jax let out his sleepy Mudkip, and Arlo his energetic snivey. “You’re move first Jax!” Arlo shouted across what had become their battlefield. “This is it, mudkip.” Said Jax. “This is the moment our legacy starts.” “…Mudkip use water gun, then follow up with a tackle!!” Commanded Jax. Instantly, the mudkip perked up and immediately followed his instructions. At Arlo’s command, treeko swiftly dodged his attacks to the right. “Use leer!” Shouted Arlo. Mudkip was visibly distraught at the attack, it obviously had an effect on him. “Now, retreat back and use vine whip.” Snivy let out a fury of vine slaps. “Mudkip, protect!” Mudkip warded off the attacks. “Rock throw, mudkip!” Snivy dodged to the right. “Water gun again!” And again, Snivy dodged to the right. “So that’s it…” Jax thought to himself. “He relies on his right for mobility.” Snivy let out a powerful leaf tornado that threw Mudkip to the side, but he quickly recovered. “Mudkip, use growl, then shoot water gun at his right side!” Mudkip did just that, and Snivy did a clumsy doge to the left. “Now, rock throw at his left, and water gun his right!!” Snivy barely dodged the left attack before running right into his water gun. “Tackle!” Mudkip slammed full force into Snivy. “Tackle!” Shouted Jax once more. Mudkip rammed him again, and Snivy feinted.

This was it. The thin veil of friendship was torn away to show what was truly between them. Rivalry. They were finally equals. Jax was no longer in his shadow. Jax hopped on his bike he’d been pulling with him, and rode off without a word to Arlo, his next stop was @Eremas gym.

• Josiah2580
    Josiah2580 Member Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

who is the mane character?????

• Resilient30
    Options
  • Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

Do they each have two starters?

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

no miscommunication of starters starters are mudkip and shiny snivy

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

wait @Resilient30 is Jax in your (very good written) part of our story… you? I think so…

• Josiah2580
    Josiah2580 Member Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

can I have a shiny

• Resilient30
    Options

@NoahLaprasForum Ah, you have a good detective instinct. 😉 It’s not my real name, but it is an alias I sometimes go by. I wanted the rival to feel real, with real emotions and passions, so I took some things from myself. I wouldn’t say he’s an accurate representation of myself, but still, there’s a few subtle similarities.

And thanks so much for the compliment!

• Jokemon811
    Jokemon811 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Good job!

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@Resilient30 nice!!