Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I’m thinking of buying a 3ds

Options
clasingla
clasingla Member Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭
First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs

I know it’s lifecycles over but i can’t stand waiting 20-30 years when 3ds is put in the online library should I do it

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I think the dualscreen nature of the DS and 3DS means it's more likely the games will be remade rather than ported.

If you want to play the original versions and play them now, go for it, I guess. Not sure how much 3DSs or the software costs in your neck of the woods, though. Some might be pretty pricy.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Yes. It's amazing playing the 3DS games on their original console. It can also play the most generations of Pokémon, with only gen 3 and Switch games not being available (idk if gens 1 and 2 had a physical 3DS version so if you want those you might need to buy a used 3DS or the like). However, gen 3 and gba games could be played on a DS or DS lite (not DSi, that can only play DS/DSi games). But you can play on a 3DS using physical copies of gens 4-7.

Plus, with PLZ-A coming soon, it'd be a nice idea to play the original XY to get to know the story and characters of Kalos (and XY are really fun if you don't pay attention to the quality of the story and characters. The gameplay and region are amazing), and more easily recognise Easter Eggs in PLZ-A once it comes out (or even before it comes out).

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

with online abandoned there is no inherent value in buying a new 3ds because you can't transfer your pokemon up unless the 3ds already has Pokemon Bank.

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

It would be great for everyone if it wasn’t expensive and Pokémon bank is not a thing anymore

• Eremas
    Options

why do you want to take pokemon bank away?

• Specter478
    Specter478 Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    5 LOLs Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

He means pokemon bank is already shut down

• apgochett
    apgochett Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

3DS is gonna really be worth it that's how you get xy and omega and ruby it will be worth it don't worrie!

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

thanks which do you think i should get first

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Wait, Nintendo Online shut down on the 3DS but I thought Pokémon Bank was still functional for the time being.

• Eremas
    Options

afaik bank is functional