Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Nintendo not appearing at Gamescom 2024

Options
MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment

Due to Nintendo Not appearing at the 2024 Gamescom, the question being for the Nintendo switch 2, Will it really be released in holiday 2025 or delayed to 2026? If that be the case, what of the pokemon games for switch 2?

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

i don't think that they will release it holiday 2025 i think has been rumored to be delayed to march 2025 and to say that there is absolutely no new first party games announced for the switch we are kind of in a nintendo game drought because in reality luigi mansion 2 HD is probably going to be the last game on the switch unless black and white remakes are announced we have no games after that june release for any first party nintendo franchise

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

They will give it its own Direct.

Games conferences and conventions have become redundant in the modern age. No longer do games companies have the rely on games journalists to relay the details of big announcements in magazines. Now they can stream information about their new products directly to their customers, worldwide, in the comfort of their own homes.

It is a little sad. I will miss the anticipation and party atmosphere that surrounded the lead up to big conventions. I used to read about Tokyo Games Show and watch E3 with my friends, and excitedly discuss the big reveals. Now these conventions are shells of their former selves, if they even still exist at all. We lost something of the community in the transition to new technology.

But I understand. Technology, society and progress march ever on. The new way is just cheaper and easier for these companies, gives them total control over their presentations and schedules, and more convenient for most customers.

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 266 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hello Trainer, Thank you for asking. For up to date information on all things related to Pokémon TCG Live, please keep an eye out on our website at https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/updates/

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Nintendo doesn’t appear at E3 either, yet they still have big games every year. I used to be so obsessed with switch 2 but now I hardly care, I’m more excited to be surprised!

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@Mod_Skrilla Thanks, mod. Very pertinent to the discussion. Really helping to settle that "are the mods all bots" debate.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@TheJeffers maybe the mods are all bots.