Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I wondering if these were worth anything

Options

Hi so I stumbled across my old decks and I'm wondering if there worth anything 🤔..thanks !

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Depends entirely on the cards you are talking about and their condition.

If you are talking about a couple of unsleeved starter decks from a couple of years ago bound together with elastic bands, probably not.

If you are talking about iconic cards froma bygone era of the game with no damage, maybe.

Figure out what cards you actually have. What set? What rarity? Look them up online for local card prices, or look on ebay or TCGPlayer. Alternatively take them to your local game store.

If you have anything worth some money, look at its condition. If it is free of scratches and nicks and has been relatively well protected, you might be able to sell it as near mint, if you're lucky. If they're a little worse for wear, knock the price down and maybe try selling them as light or moderately played.

If they really were your childhood stack of random cards held together with a rubber band, maybe... their only remaining value is sentimental.

• Bizzy720
    Bizzy720 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Those no way I can Post them for you guys to see?

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@Bizzy720 just say some of the rarer-looking cards’ name and expansion and #?

• TheJeffers
    Options

@Bizzy720 You can post images but you have to host them somewhere else. If you upload photos to an image hosting website you can copy the image address into the box that pops up when you click the "Insert Media" button.

Alternatively, you can post a list of the cards you have, along with the set and rarity if you can figure it out. You may need to make a list of that information anyway if you want to sell the cards.

• Bizzy720
    Bizzy720 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited April 12 #6
    Options

[Edited by Mod_Pandaroo : External links are not allowed on this platform as we cannot ensure their safety]

• TheJeffers
    Options

Apparently your Reddit account is banned. Is that the best image host you could find?

You could use Google Drive and make the images public.

At this point, I think you'd be better served taking the cards to a LGS or looking up the cards on TCGPlayer. Unless someone knows offhand that's probably what people will do here anyway.