Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How do I build a good deck?!

Options
KodaKarp57
KodaKarp57 Member Posts: 1

I recently got into Pokemon TCG and I want to play competitively. But I don't know how to build a good deck. Could I have a little advice?

Answers

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

I would start with some top decks from EUIC (except Tord’s, he does whatever he wants and still top eights) and modify them

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

I personally took one of Andrew Mahone’s decks from a stream and modified it

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

@Ravenclawed1234 Yeah, Tord's decks are the wildest. But I still play his stuff, since it's usually good— except for the Zard-Urshifu deck at Utrecht, I don't know what happened there. I hope to someday be like him: playing any kind of nonsense deck and still winning everything.

• Shadowbrine1
    Shadowbrine1 Member Posts: 34
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Yea me two

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Amazing advice from @TheJeffers!

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Synergy is what you should always shoot for. Example, let’s say you build a deck with Chien Pao ex, it has a powerful discard system, therefore a bench pokemon like Baxcalibur is perfect for adding energy, and the Irida supporter is perfect for getting rare candy to quickly evolve Baxcalibur, or find a good Pokémon

Try to make you’re bench pokemon fuel/power up your attacker, or help you to draw more cards. It’s always a good idea to have an extra drawing system (like Radiant Greninja or Biparell to name some popular ones) playing meta decks is a good way to learn, but finding a powerful card you like and building off it is very fulfilling.

Hope this helps, and I hope you have fun!