Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why are most of Ash's/Team Rocket's Kanto/Orange Archipelago Pokémon not in the movie, I Choose You!

Options
MrCarle
MrCarle Member Posts: 90
First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary

Yo! Hey, what's happening with you guys? I knew that most of Ash's Kanto and Orange Islands party Pokémon, other than Pikachu, Butterfree and Charizard, are not present at all in any of the Pokémon alternate continuity anime movies, like I Choose You!, while the Team Rocket Trio's party, other than Jessie's Wobbuffet for the only one of them all present, are not present at all either in any of those movies. Now I wonder why you think? Please let me know, thanks.😉

Answers

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

My head cannon is that The Beginning - Ruby and Sapphire is one Ash, while I Choose You - the final season are another alternate Ash. Sure it’s an inconsistent theory since he knows Misty and Brock in the final seasons, whilst not meeting them in I Choose You, but I refuse to believe that the BW/XY/SM/etc Ash is the same as the OG one, since they differ in every way imaginable. Even Pikachu doesn’t have the same personality.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

movies are not canon after xy

• Istiyaq
    Istiyaq Member Posts: 26
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

Because OLM said so.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@Istiyaq if that be the case, then best to bring Ash and Pikachu to the main series movies. Except this time, make it canon.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

@Resilient30 Nice Theory! But there are too many holes in it