Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Does hacking in a shiny give incorrect shiny frames?

Options
turgidXL
turgidXL Member Posts: 1

I'm trying to hunt shiny rayquaza using the SID from an already captured shiny to find my shiny frames. I've gone through all the steps and finally landed on one of the frames pokefinder spat out but it was just a regular rayquaza. I caught a shiny oddish on my current playthrough but I didn't keep record of its EVs so I don't think I can accurately find it's IVs (please correct me if I'm wrong). Instead I used gameshark to encounter another shiny and used that to do all the calculations. Now it's just dawning on me that forcing a shiny encounter would probably give incorrect shiny frame calcs and that's why my rayquaza was normal. Can someone confirm this please?

Best Answer

• CheeseyQueso
    CheeseyQueso Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper First Comment First Answer 5 Agrees
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

I've never used a gameshark to force a shiny encounter, so I'm unsure how that might affect results. I'd assume that using it would give incorrect frames, but I'm not 100% certain. When trying to encounter a shiny on a specific frame, I had a similar issue myself, because I calculated my SID wrong with my shiny Milotic that I had before hand. Even though the IVs, nature and Pokemon matched, if the SID isn't accurate it won't be shiny. So it's possible the gameshark messed up the SID like you mentioned.

If you want a guaranteed way to find shinies using RNG, you're going to need to use EV-reducing berries on the shiny oddish to remove its EVs, and then you can accurately find its IVs to find its SID. Hopefully this helps!