Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

About Azur Promilia

Options
CarumoTopaz
CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees

I've seen some claims this upcoming open world game by Manjuu is "Genshin Impact meets Palword" or "Pokémon with waifus" but so far I have no idea what to think of this.

Though, still wild how the Disney execs actually wanted Spectrobes to be a "Pokémon Killer".

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

As discussed during the Palworld controversy, Pokémon do not own monster collection games. They do not own fantasy creatures based on real animals. They do not own "yellow mouse" or "blue penguin" as concepts.

They undoubtedly dominated the market for the past few decades, but that grip seems to be slipping, so naturally competitors will try and claim their stake.

This thread is the first I've heard of this game. If someone shows me evidence of them specifically using Pikachu in the game or something, I will just assume this is another monster collector. If it's good I would be willing to try it, same with any game.

• CarumoTopaz
    CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

The creatures from Azur Promilia doesn't seems to look likes any of the existing Pokémon but oh boy, according to Bloomberg there's Tencent who is developing two mobile games which also happens to be influenced by Palworld.

Will the popularity of this indie game set a precedent? hmm.