Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

151 or Scarlet and Violet?

Options

Hi,

I am looking to get started in collecting pokemon cards. I'm thinking of collecting 151 or the Scarlet and Violet cards.

I have a few questions:

Is 151 different to the Scarlet and Violet Cards? (paradox rift, obsidian flames, paldea evolved)

Are paradox rift, obsidian flames, paldea evolved different from each other?

Should I be focusing on one of these? Or is it that some cards are only available in certain sets and I should be collecting from each of the different sets to collect all the cards?

As you can see, total newbie so any advice would be appreciated.

Answers

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

Each set has different cards from each other except paldean fates which takes a few cards from each of them the smart thing to do is get cards from different sets

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

151 is not different from the other Gen 9 cards, apart from only having the first 151 Pokemon and a different card order (most modern sets have cards ordered Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Psychic, Fighting, Darkness, Metal, Dragon, Colorless, and trainers in alphabetical order, while 151 does Pokedex number). For the best pull rates, I recommend Obsidian Flames or Paldean Fates, however, all Gen 9 sets have high pull rates.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

151 is even more unique from the rest in that it is a “holiday” set. It’s a (slightly) smaller expansion in which you cannot buy individual packs directly from Pokémon. The same thing can be said of Palawan Fates. Both sets have some really awesome looking cards for collectors, but the packs and/or individual cards tend to be more expensive for holiday expansions. 151 has every Pokémon originally from Kanto, while Paldean Fates has a lot of Shiny Pokémon. Good luck picking and collecting!

• Josiah2580
    Josiah2580 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

S&V fr fr fr fr fr fr fr