Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is the official day "D" cards are no longer standard?

Brandonusofa
Brandonusofa Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 LOLs First Answer

Hello. Is March 31st the day D's are no longer standard or is April 1st the day D's are no longer standard? Thank you have a good evening.

Best Answer

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers
    #2 Answer ✓

-Updated the Standard format to use the new 2023 Standard format rotation.

This is from patch notes of today's update, which will happen in 5 hours.

Answers

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited March 2023 #3

The information Kot123456 has provided looks correct from the patch notes (they are not very clear, the patch notes I mean).

However, if I were betting on this ... the "D" cards will stay current until the official "online rotation" which has always been said to be 31 Mar. I believe what the devs are trying to state today on the patch notes is that this patch simply includes the data that will enable the rotation, but it will not be "switched on" until 31 Mar.

I could be totally wrong, and it may happen at the end of patching today ... but that would leave an odd gap where we have "rotated" the "D" cards out before being able to use the SV cards ... would make for some pretty limited game play in a lot of cases.

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Yes, the wording is not clear on both todays patch notes and SV expansion release patch notes. If youre going to rotate the format without making SV cards playable in the new format, what is the point? Hopefully we get some clarification on this after the maintenance.