Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My new game on scratch called Unimon

Options

im thinking of making more games but does this infringe copyright? my designs are original and there are original types.

Comments

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

I'm not sure about much but I do know that Unimon is a digimon

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Nintendo don't own monster capturing games. Pokémon wasn't even the first one. Look at a lot of the controversy surrounding Palworld to see the consequences of this misconception.

So long as a game, or anything you try to sell, is your own original work with code and assets made and/or legally owned by you, there shouldn't be a problem.

The Pokémon Company might not appreciate you promoting it on their official forums, though.

Unimon is a digimon

This might be an issue, however. If Bandai own that trademark, you might need a different name for your game.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Monster catching games aren't all owned by Pokémon, so it should be fine as long as you make enough distinct features and don't reuse already existing Pokémon, characters, and icons.

But if Palworld got away with the Goodra/Meganium fusion, I don't think you need to worry too much about if your designs could get copyrighted or look too much like Pokémon.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

I checked out Unimon intro by Uniwolfy and I think that some of the designs look a bit too much like kirby pikachu and alcremie so if you plan on making an actual game sold on actual consoles than you might want to change the designs a bit but you did a good job so give yourself a pat on the back! (I assume this to be what you are talking about)

• FloofCollects
    FloofCollects Member Posts: 27
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

im not promoting im just asking about it cause im a child who likes the idea of fighting monsters and i dont need a copyright strike

• FloofCollects
    Options

Also who is uniwolfy those arent mine i post unimon games under the name floofforbidden

• FloofCollects
    Options

i came up with the same thing 4 years later…

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I’m making a Pokemon game (with Pokémon sprites, pls don’t sue me, read more) to send to TPCi as an idea for gen 10. What do you think?

• FloofCollects
    Options

Noice

• FloofCollects
    Options

i saw a pic of a timburr destroying a future childs life…