Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

When will a new Pokemon Movie be released?

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

I'm just a little curious when will OLM Inc. start producing a new pokemon movie? If not 2024, When will it be released? Is it going to be canon for the new series, filler, or an alternate universe? Will it be rather longer than 100 minutes in an attempt to break the longest pokemon film record?

Best Answers

• MajorBrendan
    #2 Answer ✓

I would agree with the To be a master being underwhelming to the point of being disappointing. Which is why I plan to bring Ash back if gen 10 anipoke turns out to be an absolute disappointment.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers
    #3 Answer ✓

Also it could be about the Teal Mask or Indigo Disk because that'd be a good advertisement for the DLC.

I just hope it's released in movie theatres and not on Netflix or anywhere online since the virus isn't as big of an issue anymore.

• MajorBrendan
    #4 Answer ✓

@UnovanZorua If it did release in us theaters, We can only hope that it won't be 1 measly day. I'd prefer that it would be given a 90 window along with a little diversity between english dub, korean dub and japanese with english subs. Not to mention Best to make the movie longer and more connected to the series canon.

• MajorBrendan
    #5 Answer ✓

@UnovanZorua as a matter in fact, I do know how long it takes to write and/or animate as I've been honing in my skills this entire time. It's also the matter of Voice actors and such that isn't done in a few days. It takes multiple takes until the tone is right.

Answers

• UnovanZorua

I'm guessing once Horizons has more episodes.

Also since they already got rid of Ash they might get rid of the I choose you movie universe. Or we might have an actually decent conclusion to Ash's story (it would've been better without the To be a Master series but they need to fix it since that exists. It was really underwhelming).

There hasn't been a hint they'll make a new movie so no one really knows.

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 196 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 LOLs 5 Likes

I think that they will definitely use to death the Pokémon horizons universe for movies like the universe with ash. Unless it IS the same universe as the ash universe just in the future. I don’t think they will do the separate universe idea but who knows. I definitely agree with @UnovanZorua’s comment.

• UnovanZorua

@MajorBrendan

I don't think there's a need to worry about if it's only going to be in theatres for one day, as movies usually stay for a lot longer.

But some things I forgot to mention:

The JP version will probably release or at least be made first because making a dub with its own songs and translations, picking Voice Actors, and recording the new lines isn't something done in a few days. And even in the Japanese side, I remember how a lot of scenes for Secrets of The Jungle (or Koko in Japan) were in trailers but completely changed/removed for the final movie, so it was probably rewritten a few times, even after the announcement. And that must really take a lot of time, especially if you think about how long it takes to animate or write something.

So probably not anytime soon even if we get a trailer, especially if it's for Horizons.