Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

TEMPORAL FORCES :)

Options

This is a place where u can share your thoughts about temporal forces and what u expect from it.

Comments

• Axobat2012
    Axobat2012 Member Posts: 23
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

I think there will be a ton of useful trainers and Pokemon!

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

Yeah! I want to play Ancient Box a lot! What decks do you guys want to play post-rotation?

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Well @OlderAngel11 I would also love to try out Ancient box—and also Future Box. And I’ll continue messing around with Gardevoir, my favorite meta deck since ScVi.

• OlderAngel11
    Options

Yeah, I'mma miss Gardie. Maybe Lost Box Gardie could work?

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Rotation takes away a lot of cards I like, but thankfully Temporal Forces provides a lot of new tools to compensate. Ace Specs look tight, the new single-prize Roaring Moon looks really fun, Cinccino turns the Archeops Lugia deck into a Prize-racing powerhouse… although, I'm kinda scared of how much stronger Iron Hands ex gets with the new Future cards to back it up.

Aside from the competitive ramifications of this set, the card art is once again outstanding. Every single Illustration Rare is a home run. In addition to the full-arts, one card illustration that caught my eye was Grotle TEF 11 by Uninori.

This picture's dark outlines and watercolor style strongly resemble old-school Pokemon manga panels and Ken Sugumori drawings. Seeing this style of artwork on a card with a modern frame felt like a shock! And as a piece on its own merits, the posing and expression of the Pokemon on this card are quite exciting. The hatching on Grotle's limbs imply to me a kind of dirtiness or battle-damage that we don't typically see on Pokemon card illustrations. All in all, this is one of my favorite card artworks to come out of a recent set. I hope we're fortunate enough to see more cards featuring this artist in future products.

• OlderAngel11
    Options

@nightblitz42 I appreciate that you're taking time to actually look at all the artworks. Most collectors just whiz past the card if it is not a full-art, ex, or alt-art.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options
  • OlderAngel11
    Options

Mmmm… Interesting. No ACE SPEC? Prime Catcher, Unfair Stamp, and Hero Cape could all be crazy in this deck. Only three Ralts as well. It certainly seems playable. Just how playable is the question…