Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

English Dub Vs. Japanese Audio/Korean Dub

Options
MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment

When it comes to compare between the two versions of anipoke, I feel like both Korean and original japanese audio are way stronger than English dub. Not just for voice acting performance but the Soundtrack and the tone that it gives each episode would be much more in potential. Especially the insert songs, Opening and Ending Songs.

Aside from name changes for the characters, I find the quality in the English dub as a grave disappointment as of late. It could learn a thing or two from other english dub anime like Beyblade franchise starting with the Metal series and Digimon Adventure 2020.

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    Options

I do like the Korean and Japanese audio over english dub.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Personally though I prefer the Japanese version's music and songs, I like the English voices more and I think it's reasonable that they make their own opening and ending themes and give the characters different names since they're targeting an age group that wouldn't understand the lyrics (meaning they'd watch the openings/etc. less). As for the voice acting, kids and many people would probably prefer to watch something they understand. I think the cast does a great job, but Japanese sounds/letters are a lot different and are why the Japanese version sounds so cool.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

With subtitles, Korean and Japanese need to be given a major chance. Audience need some international exposure after all.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

I already am picturing english dub with Japanese esque Opening and ending. Except this time, 90 second long at least instead of 30 seconds long. Plus original japanese soundtrack for the real hype for pokemon fans.