Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

First Impressions for Pokemon Horizons

Options
MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment

I'm aware that the supposed anime is delayed to March. May I be bold to inquire that you guys first think of it? I already saw the sub version and find that Horizons is not only boring but the Worst I've ever seen in all of my life. Watching a Slowpoke fishing is more fun that that. I even gave a major review of it along with wanted posters and a major newspaper article on my deviantart page. As far as I'm concerned at the rate it's going, I already gave it 0.01 out of 10 stars and I can anticipate that the dub would be worse due to English dub soundtracks, cheesier theme songs, and corny dialogue. The same techniques from Pokemon journeys.

Don't be shy and let me know what do you really think of it?

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    Options

I would say any further score will be lowered than that and the dub will definitely be worse than anyone could ever imagine.

• Zeraora171
    Zeraora171 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

As someone who's seen every episode in sub so far, I believe that it's the best pokemon main anime series made. I've seen some of the dub and I agree that some of the voices and soundtrack especially suck, but

I've seen every episode in sub so far and it might become the best main pokemon anime series made. I've seen the dub and agree that some of the voices and soundtrack esp. is weaker. episode 18 with friede and cap had some of the most phenomenal animation I've ever seen in a weekly anime series and the season 1 finale was incredible. the 2nd opening of the show was breath taking. the characters don't feel flat at all, and the show has explored more of galar than journeys had at this point. these are just a few of the moments in this show that really stood out for me and honestly rating it a 0.01/10 is insane 😭😭im convinced we didn't watch the same show

• Mahzes
    Mahzes Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Whilst I don’t strictly dislike Pokémon Horizons, the show has a -lot- of issues that I feel are holding it back.

The elephant in the room - Friede is a problem. As is the fact that the two protagonists are travelling with a group of adults far more capable and competent than themselves. This is made worse by the Explorers being an overly serious and competent villain group to the point where they’re a legitimate threat - the problem here is that by nature they’re more than Liko or Roy could handle on their own.

This just creates an endless cycle of them needing 'the grownups' to bail them out and rescue them/ solve all their problems for them, which doesn’t really make them look very good and never gives them a chance to come into their own.

The more serious nature of the plot also works against in that the show is almost completely devoid of any humour. Aside from the very short-lived running gag of Liko not knowing Dot was Gurumin/Nidothing there isn’t really anything. The most fun episodes are the rare cases where Friede and Captain Pikachu are barely in them or absent entirely, where the focus can actually be on Liko an Roy.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@Zeraora171 I plan to bring Ash Ketchum once I'm in the media production work along with the fact that Horizons doesn't have the very essence I remember first watching the korean pokemon anime as a kid.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Why do you hate Horizons so much. Like I might dislike some games or series but not to this degree, calm down. It's just a Pokémon anime without Ash, no need to get so mad about it.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@Mahzes If Horizons is allowed to continue in Gen 10, I have no qualm with branding Every member of the Rising Volt Tacklers branded as Pirates. I already have wanted posters and newspapers about their exploits. Also, I also find the Explorers extremely sloppy. Plus, if they want to make something interesting, force Liko and Roy in serious life or death situations especially with their faces on wanted posters. As for the serious parts of the story I would strongly recommend, That her ancestor Lucius was known as the demon king for attempting to destroy the world with Rakua and Terapagos in his possession.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@UnovanZorua Even without Ash, I Find Paldean Winds, Pokemon Concierge, Pokemon Origins, and the Japanese version of Blossom's dreams way more entertaining than Horizons. The likes of Liko's so boring that Watching a Slowpoke going fishing all day's more entertaining than that.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@Mahzes as for Horizons Humor Serious Balance, I intend to have real serious action balanced with Humor inspired by a well known manga, One Piece. Just in case if Horizons have the gall the stick around for gen 10. Especially when it comes to wanted posters and the Rising Volt Tacklers branded as pirates because they have Terapagos in their possession. That's no joke.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

I am just very upset they got rid of ash if you say he is the champion just make journeys non cannon and ash going through collecting gym badges or island challenges and who in the industry thought it was a good idea to get rid of ash after 25 seasons! If they replaced him with a character representing Ethan (gold) back in gen 3 that would be fine or kick the trio off at the end of season 5 would have been still upsetting but not as bad as making multiple generations of pokemon upset and please Netflix release schedule sucks I liked when I could hop on weekly to catch the latest sub and moon episode on pokemon.com and had those rotations between 14 episodes per generations put at a time and seven getting replaced each week those were the good times where I could actually catch all the episodes I wanted to catch for each series

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@clasingla And I'm guessing Pokemon Horizons was the last straw to you.