Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can you sell Prize Pack Cards?

I saw the email announcement that The Pokemon Company sent about a month ago cracking down on stores selling Prize Packs, but my question is about the cards int eh packs.

I have hundreds of Prize pack Cards going back years nd I want to find out from Pokemon if it is ok to sell those cards. There was not mention of the Prize pack cards, just the packs in the email sent by Pokemon.

Can anyone form Pokemon confirm that it is ok to sell the individual cards? Any help would be good. Thanks.

Answers

• Larson377
    Larson377 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Prize packs are promotional product given to leagues to distribute to players of the leagues as they see fit, but at no charge. The league is under an obligation to not sell or use the packs outside of the league, but once they distribute the packs to someone like yourself, a player, what you do with those cards is up to you.

Trade them, collect them, whichever. Once a player has the cards they should be able to do whatever they want with them i would imagine. Bear in mind, i'm not a Pokemon employee, but logic would imply that once a player obtains these cards they would be treated the exact same as any other cards - personal possessions that players can freely trade and do with as they please.