Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Do you play the Hoenn games? If so, which Hoenn starter did you pick?

Best Answers

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    #2 Answer ✓

I picked Swampert but I did like Sceptile.

• Mechxel
    Mechxel Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic
    #3 Answer ✓

I picked Treekco

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    #4 Answer ✓

I've never played the gen 3 games, but i would choose torchic

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer
    #5 Answer ✓

The first time I played them, I was helping a friend, and they wanted Treecko.

When I played on my own for the first time, though, I chose Mudkip.

Still my favourite, it and its evolutions look so dumb but in a cool way.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 LOLs First Anniversary
    #6 Answer ✓

I never liked gen 3. It came out when Pokémania had died out and my schoolmates and friends had moved on. I think most believed the series was all but over at that point. I was upset to learn that I could not transfer my Pokémon from gens 1 and 2 to the new generation. I thought that the plot was utterly stupid, with the self-destructive goals of the evil teams, and I hated the amount of tedious surfing required in a region that was half water. Just because you are enamoured with a theme or concept narratively does not mean it makes for a fun game world.

I tried playing the remakes in gen 6 and recently I thought I would try the version many cite as the best and played through Emerald. I still do not like it. I have tried my best to give the games a fair chance with three playthroughs, one of each available version, not counting paired versions. It never won me over.

As for my starter choices, I think I chose Mudkip for my first playthrough of Ruby after gen 3's launch. I picked Treeko for another playthrough that I abandoned due to boredom. For Omega Ruby I picked Torchic. I did finish the game, primarily to see the new Delta Episode content. For Emerald I picked Mudkip again.

Answers