Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

RNG is so aggravating

I dont know how the search engine works for this game when dealing out the cards, but it is really aggravating. The way i have been getting dealt my cards is ridiculous. An i dont know why it seems stuck dealing me the same starting hand no matter what deck i use. Taking these mulligans all the time an i have whole roster of basic pokemon , but cant get dealt 1 of them! Come on! Then it always plays out the sameway. I get the 1 single thats in my deck as a support. An then its bosses orders, energy recovers an cards used to pull from my discard that i cant use. Same starting hand over an over! Or my cards are clumped together. Get all 4 right away! Or all 4 locked in prize cards. All 5 of my fire energy. For real! What is this mess. Stacked with all these supporter cards an cant get ANY of them. Gets old real quick having to quit out. Ever since last round ended an new one started its been this way.

Comments

• Nashedtators
    Nashedtators Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes

Don't you already have a thread about this? You're gonna hear the same things you did in the last one... you should post your list

• Perfect_Jab
    Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    5 LOLs Photogenic 5 Likes First Comment

I did an its still aggravating! Keep saying to post my list like that will change anything. The ONLY way i have been able to not get dealt these hands is to remove those cards from my decks completely. List what exactly? I have a bunch of deck builds! Lost box, ogre, raging bolt an alot of others i have put together. But i always have a bosses orders an energy retrieval. Then its 4 arvens or whatever trainer benefits that decks an some energy. But those shouldnt be the cards im constantly dealt to start with all the time. It doesnt make sense. But thats what keeps happening.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs

Rng is never in a Pokémon’s players favor no matter what game no matter how it happens no matter the importance and when you need it the least that’s when stuff actually goes in your favor

• mthverse
    mthverse Member Posts: 16
    5 LOLs First Comment First Anniversary First Answer

Perfect_Jab the game is rigged. I had a player/bot Unknown6ix ultra ball away a Charizard ex and rare candy to search a second Charizards ex🙄( last card in his hand). He Rotom V at the end of his turn and the game gave him his third rare candy😡 and he still had half his deck to got through. The game chooses ahead of time who has the better opening hand and stacks each deck. Shuffling is a lie on online games!

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 LOLs First Anniversary

This was all explained to you in the last thread you made. We can do nothing to fix the game code, if that is indeed the problem.

And even if a developer sees this thread and decides to investigate, the first thing they will need to know is the input you put into the algorithm.

Do you know what your input was?

Your decklist.

The reason everyone keeps telling you the same thing despite your protests isn't that we are all stupid, or incapable of reading your posts.

We are trying to help you the only way we can.

Looking at your decklist (or decklists) will help us confirm that you are correct, the problem is not your deck construction, and there might be a problem with the randomisation or something else in the game client.

If you don't provide that information, no one can help you. Not us. Not the developers. No one. Nothing will change, and the problem will persist.

If your genius deck techs are so top secret that you dare not share your weapons grade design with us, fine. Post your complaint on the support site. I hope you are not too upset if they ask you to provide your decklist.

At this point I have been as kind and patient with you as I can muster. You have two choices:

1. Provide the information people need to try to help you fix your problem.
    2. Do nothing but complain, and keep enjoying your bad hands.

Flagging my post will accomplish nothing, either.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment

It's not just a matter of a specific deck, the game RGN should be improved to match the physical card game.

At this point we should all know that many of the top players even in big time tournaments cheat at shuffling cards in order to not have a brick starting hand.

Big time names were even caught on camera and nothing happen to then (if you don't know make a search you will be surprised), it's not just by playing skill and deck building that you see the same names in final stages every year, a lot is going on behind... now imagine the shuffling cheating abuse that go on smaller events.

The game should also minimize the amout of streak brick starting hands (obviously should take in consideration silly decks like 50% e energy cards should still brick a lot).

I don't mean remove bricks completely but just minimize them in a smart way, after all this is a game if it's not fun people will leave... for those that use this game for rl testing I guarantee this optimization shouldn't be a problem...

Now if I belive TCG Live will optimize this? Ofcourse not lol 100% sure this will not happen 😆 once in a while people will still complaining about consecutive brick starts like they also did in the old gone TCG Online and life will go on.

• Perfect_Jab

@TheJeffers nothing top secret or any of exhausting things you said. I am just complaining about it an what i said. I get exhausted with people trying to assume i dont know how to play or set a deck. I am speaking on how i feel about the RNG an the FACT that i keep bricking an getting these hands dealt to me over an over. I dont care if i was new to this or an idiot putting a deck together. If i only put 5 fire energy in my deck, i shouldnt get dealt all 5 to start with. If you follow any tournaments online an real life an see any of the top decks that have been winning. Then those are the decks i use , or just a few cards might be different.

• Perfect_Jab

I will add that it gets annoying getting these bad deals an trying to play them out, an whoever im against gets dealt the best hand you can get. Use every single card an their last card left is a discard an get dealt a whole new hand. Seem to get every single card they need right when they need it. Sit here smh.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 LOLs First Anniversary

I am not attacking you or your skill at the game. I am not trying to upset or frustrate you.

If you want the problem fixed, we need as much information about the problem as possible. The developers would need that too.

A single data point of one player experiencing these apparent problems proves nothing, but proving that the player is using a reasonably consistent deck eliminates one potential source of the problem. That leaves them free to investigate other sources, such as the shuffling algorithm.

If i only put 5 fire energy in my deck, i shouldnt get dealt all 5 to start with.

Actually, in a truly random system, it is entirely possible to get all five energies in your opening hand every time.

Humans are really bad at recognising true randomness. They tend to expect a more even, non-random distribution from randomness, ironically.

Anyway, what do you want to happen here?

Shall we petition the developers to implement non-random opening hands that forces only 1-2 energies and a basic Pokémon into every hand?

Because that will drastically affect the way people build their decks in this game. It will reward poor, inconsistent deck construction.

Should we force truly random hands, regardless of how ordered and buggy they might appear to players?

Shall we petition the developers to investigate the problem?

They are going to need data and proof that there is a potential problem for that to happen, and that starts with collecting real data about actual opening hands and their content across multiple games and players. And their deck construction will be a part of that investigation process, even if the players in question are flawless, world champion deck builders.

Do you want to try to find and fix the problem?

Or do you just want to complain about it?

Because as I said last thread, I can post "RNG sux" all day, but it won't accomplish anything.

• RayAndYuki
    RayAndYuki Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment

You almost gotta be the kind of person that can go through the worst matches possible back to back and keep a straight smile to really be in it for this game.

Most of my decks tend to be very compensating for the weird hands I often start with. My fav is a dialga vstar deck that includes a couple bibarels for card drawing, 3 ionos and 2 professor research, 4 metal maker metangs so I can constantly shuffle the deck, 2 adamans if I get bricked with steel energies which is heavy in this deck. And of course dollar store buddy poffins.

Even with all of that I can still get trashed by my own hands half the time, but it’s the best success I could find in regards to that issue. Card games are very reliant on the luck of your stacked deck, shuffling often either helps or worsens that but it’s closer to true randomness.

Either all that or get tera zarded turn 1/2.