Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Professor Burnet banned in Standard

Jujudelaplaya86
Jujudelaplaya86 Member Posts: 4
First Comment

Hi!

I’m new to TCG live. I was wondering if anyone knew why professor burnet was not allowed in standard play and if this is something that might change in future.

Thank you,

A novice player

Answers

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Likes

All cards have a regulation mark (the box at the bottom-left). Prof. Burnett’s regulation mark is E. All E-and earlier regulation marks are rotated. You can only use F, G, and H now.

• Jujudelaplaya86
    First Comment

thank you. So next rotation will be F, correct? That means the Lugia deck will be rotated in its majority?
    how often do rotation take place? I just learn to use Lugia and I also built a physics deck of it so I feel a bit sad to see it go.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions

• Octowen

No problem!

Yes, the next rotation will eliminate the F block. A rotation happens every year, usually near or in April (this year it rotated on April 5th).

So you will still have plenty of time until Lugia rotates in early 2025! 😃

(Yes, in 2025 when we the F block rotates Lugia Vstar itself will rotate as well as a lot of the rest of the deck; in fact once F block rotates we will only be playing with cards from Scarlet&Violet onwards.)

• Jujudelaplaya86
    First Comment

thanks I get it now, I appreciate your time and guidance. I’m sad, I love playing that deck on Tcg live even when it’s hard to set up and I loved buying all the physical cards so knowing that in a year’s time I won’t be able to play it makes me realise that competitive playing is probably not for me bc it sounds like an expensive business.

What deck to you play?
    Burnet seemed made for Lugia Vstar/Minccino/Archeops so I’ll use that combo in casual play at least.

if you play Tcg live, add me: jujudelaplaya86 :)

• Octowen

I unfortunately don’t play live, or I would add you!

I’m glad I could help, but I’m sorry that things aren’t working out for you in the standard format.

Right now I’ve been enjoying playing Dialga VSTAR, but I also love Gardevoir ex.

This is a recent Lugia list you could try to build if you wanted to:

Pokémon: 21
    4 Lugia V SIT 138
    3 Lugia VSTAR SIT 139
    4 Minccino BRS 124
    3 Cinccino TEF 137
    4 Archeops SIT 147
    2 Lumineon V BRS 40
    1 Snorlax LOR 143

Trainer: 23
    4 Professor's Research PAF 88
    3 Iono PAF 80
    3 Boss's Orders PAL 172
    1 Jacq SVI 175
    1 Serena SIT 164
    4 Ultra Ball PAF 91
    4 Capturing Aroma SIT 153
    1 Master Ball TEF 153
    1 Great Ball PAL 183
    1 Collapsed Stadium BRS 137

Energy: 16
    4 Jet Energy PAL 190
    4 Gift Energy LOR 171
    3 Double Turbo Energy BRS 151
    2 V Guard Energy SIT 169
    2 Mist Energy TEF 161
    1 Therapeutic Energy PAL 193

• Jujudelaplaya86
    First Comment

hey,
    no problem! Thanks for sharing, that is the Lugia deck I am working from but I have tweaked it slightly to fit my abilities so I play only 1 lumineon for instance bc I feel it exposes me too much to big damages otherwise…

Dialga Vstar is cool, I lost a few times against it, it’s unforgiving if you make one mistake. Gardevoir EX is also equally cool and powerful, I like playing against both decks as they provide nice variety, otherwise online too many people play Charizard EX and paradox Salamence EX, which becomes very repetitive.

Well I wish you all the best, I’m sure you are a pro, it’d be cool to meet at an event one day and play each other.

take care