Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is the ranked mode rigged? Can't move into "Master League"

Options

WHY CAN'T I PASS TO THE MASTER LEAGUE LEVEL?

Both my sister and I (2 separate TCG accounts) have experienced the SAME THING! We cannot get past Mewtwo ranked mode. I have paid extra close attention & notice that every match I play, my opponent is also somewhere under Mewtwo level.

The ranked mode does not seem to care about matching you up against equal ranked opponents (rarely have I experienced this). That said, I just played 20 matches & won most. I got all the way around 10 pts under "Master League" level & now all of a sudden I can't seem to win (not even against others with much lower ranking-like 6 levels lower).

I've played my best decks & now in MewTwo rank, I can't seem to win anymore (no matter which of my best decks I play). These are the few decks that won me all my matches to get me to this level, which is why I find it odd that they all of a sudden they can't beat ANY lower ranking opponents anymore.

Again, same thing happened to my sister.

Then I started to notice & realize that I have NEVER played any matches with anyone above master league level. So I'm only curious if anyone else has experienced this or has anyone on this forum actually obtained the master league level 1,020 ranking?

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Multiple people have gotten into Arceus recently.

• pinkbaby350
    pinkbaby350 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

TechHog, though that is encouraging to read, may I inquire as to how you know this?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Reddit

• pinkbaby350
    pinkbaby350 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

I see….Well I just wanted to update all that as of today, I have just made it past Master League level. I saw a significant difference in the players I was playing last night (seem to be going super fast, with no hesitation over which cards were being drawn from their master ball selections & such), to today where I saw the normal time I am accustomed to waiting for my opponent to make their selections.

Both my sister & I felt like we were playing the AI when you use the "test desk" option to test your cards out. Not that I'm complaining about fast selections at all, it just seemed weird that all my opponents last night kept getting their entire bench set up within their 1st 2 turns (and I couldn't get any of the cards I needed to get set up). Usually that never happens to me, but it also happened to my sister RIGHT BEFORE reaching master league level.

But now I have reached this level and I don't feel like I'm playing the AI computer any longer.

• Odasung
    Odasung Member Posts: 23
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

new rank system is so easy they give 30 point for win and -20 point for loss
    when you got 2 win its equal 3 loss

That’s mean win rate 40% above can get arceus rank easier than old system.

If you think you re better than 40% of player just try again. You can do it.