Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Weekly Deck Discussion #3

Options
OlderAngel11
OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes

Hey again! I missed the deck discussion last week, but I'm back with another one now, and the deck we'll be talking about this week is:
Lugia VSTAR!

This is a deck that's taken many forms, from the early days of powerful colorless energy, to single strike lugia, to colorless lugia, to the lugia cinccino build that seems to have emerged now. It even won the fukouka— don't think I spelled that right— champions league. What do you guys think? Is it strong enough to win EUIC, or is it too inconsistent? I personally really don't know what to think. What ACE SPEC do you guys think is best in it, the Master Ball for consistency, or the Prime Catcher for strong gusting?

Comments

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment First Answer
    Options

Prime catcher i think. You?

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I’ll say Master Ball because it adds consistency 🤷‍♂️

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Ugh, I’m personally so sick of Lugia VSTAR, I fought it’s decks way to many times.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

@Resilient30 Do you mean the older Lugia, or the Lugia Cinccino build that just came out?

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Well mainly the old Lugia/archeops (though quite frankly I’m pretty burned out on the Lugia card in general) I haven’t encountered the newest build yet, though I hope it’s a little less popular. I personally enjoy battles more against unique decks.

• Battosaijude875
    Battosaijude875 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

In my opinion heros cape is the ace spec that I would hate to go against on an opponents Lugia vstar, I haven't made a deck around Lugia but have played against it enough to know that the master ball, counter, and the energy ace specs would be pretty redundant and the other two either benefit ancient or future so......

• Mcduff421
    Mcduff421 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

@Name is nice but playing